Which system had the worser launch: Nintendo DS or Nintendo 3DS?

#11Tzuba12Posted 1/18/2013 11:28:28 PM
I don't know how anyone could say the 3DS had a worse launch unless they weren't around for the DS launch. The DS only had SM64DS for months. It was horrible. At least the 3DS had:
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
The Sims 3
Madden NFL Football
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Ridge Racer 3D
Super Monkey Ball 3D
Bust-A-Move Universe
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
Asphalt 3D
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
Rayman 3D
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Which were better than anything the DS had. Though thats not saying much.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#12NathanisDrakePosted 1/18/2013 11:43:30 PM
Tzuba12 posted...
I don't know how anyone could say the 3DS had a worse launch unless they weren't around for the DS launch. The DS only had SM64DS for months. It was horrible. At least the 3DS had:
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
The Sims 3
Madden NFL Football
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Ridge Racer 3D
Super Monkey Ball 3D
Bust-A-Move Universe
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
Asphalt 3D
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
Rayman 3D
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Which were better than anything the DS had. Though thats not saying much.

You forgot DOA:Dimensions.

But yeah, as much as I have a disdain against the 3ds's launch line-up, I gotta admit, the DS takes the cake here for having the "worser" launch.
---
http://fanboygaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/3ds-it-prints-money.gif // http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD
#13RazieruPosted 1/18/2013 11:45:04 PM
3DS by 10,000 miles. All it had was some 3DS tech demo games that said, "Herp derp, welcome to a three dimensional world. Now you're playing with 3D power. Enjoy your stay." before all of the incessant "fan service" games rolled around; most being in the form of N64 ports.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#14Mascara_SnakePosted 1/19/2013 12:29:45 AM
3DS by 10,000 miles. All it had was some 3DS tech demo games that said, "Herp derp, welcome to a three dimensional world. Now you're playing with 3D power. Enjoy your stay." before all of the incessant "fan service" games rolled around; most being in the form of N64 ports.

Most being N64 ports? As far as I'm aware, there were only two: Ocarina of Time, and Star Fox 64. Two is the bare minimum you need to make something not just one thing.

How the hell were most of the games released at that time N64 ports?
---
Steam: Giever
3DS: 2707-2677-5299
#15Rizaadon007Posted 1/19/2013 5:03:46 AM
Mascara_Snake posted...

Most being N64 ports? As far as I'm aware, there were only two: Ocarina of Time, and Star Fox 64. Two is the bare minimum you need to make something not just one thing.

How the hell were most of the games released at that time N64 ports?

Rayman 3D is a port of Rayman 2: The Great Escape.
---
"Welcome to the Velvet Monorail! This place resides between Dream and Universal Studios!" -Cantido on how the Velvet Room changes from game to game.