Finally got a chance to use an XL today... was not impressed.

#21thompsontalker7Posted 1/19/2013 12:42:56 PM
Razieru posted...
Yeah, you're really not missing much in the leap between the 3DS and the 3DS XL. As everyone knows, the biggest problems with the 3DS XL are its dire sound quality (it really is DIRE, as in some notes in some audio actually CANNOT be heard DIRE), its cheap build, and mediocre brightness.

The regular 3DS isn't much of a blemish when you consider those negatives, and the regular 3DS's bundles really do hold more water compared to the 3DS XL where you only have a lack luster Mario Kart 7 3DS XL bundle to take advantage of (considering the fact that other regions actually get a limited edition 3DS XL with that bundle, let alone all other bundles that have yet to even be considered for North America for one). Not to mention you also get a free game with those 3DS bundles vs. a 3DS XL by its lonesome; unless, of course, you're taking advantage of the Mario Kart 3DS XL bundle.

DS games still look like a blurry and washed out piece of crap; and those horrid visuals are even more noticeable on the 3DS XL's screens naturally. The battery life isn't THAT much better at all. So, don't be trendy and hop aboard the over-hyped train.

Entire post sounds like nothing but reassurance

I have an XL and my brother has the regular model for a while, and I just can't stand that design.

Maybe if you have feminine hands it would be understandable, but for me, bigger is always better.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#22IceyflamePosted 1/19/2013 1:35:08 PM
The only thing that makes the XL better is its Size

the 3ds regular feels like a toy to me i could snap that thing if i tried hard enough

while the XL fits right in my hands and easier to use
#23Bancario51Posted 1/19/2013 1:54:02 PM
clearly someone didnt do their homework...
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#24HeroicSomaCruzPosted 1/19/2013 3:58:43 PM
XL > 3DS = DSLite > DS

Same jump in quality.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#25smashmaster1111Posted 1/19/2013 4:15:56 PM
Meh, my 3DS XL works fine, it plays all the games i want it to and I have fun playing them. I'm satisfied with it.
---
http://koti.phnet.fi/santamik/sexophone.swf
http://timh.fobby.net/timh.swf
#26HeroicSomaCruzPosted 1/19/2013 7:20:55 PM
Quote:When they first announced the XL, I thought looked amazing whilst my cousin hated it. The only reasons I didn't get an XL at launch is because my Regular 3DS worked fine and that the XL's colors turned me off.
About a week ago, my cousin, who hated the XL, bought one and kept exclaiming how great it was. He came over to my house to visit and show it off. I was significantly under-impressed compared to what I read on gfaqs.
First: I still really like the shape, the smooth roundness of it is nice, but I vastly prefer the glossy coating on the 3ds over the matte finish.
Next: I'm the kind of guy that plays 3D at full blast with no problems. So when I looked at the XL's 3D, I noticed it was significantly lessened when at full blast.
Third: I noticed the pixelation immediately. After an hour or so it became less noticeable, but when going back to my 3DS, the picture seemed much sharper.
Lastly: I primarily play video games at home, in my room. The XL's sound was fine for that purpose as I could hear it all the way in a different room away from my cousin. At the same time, I always use headphones when I play since HD headphones will always produce better sound than regular speakers.

The XL is very nice, but it has just as many flaws.
In my opinion, you should only get the XL if you don't use the 3D much/at all or have huge hands; and should get the regular if you have smaller hands or want to use the 3D.

My bf has really long fingers and rarely uses 3D so he uses an XL, however I love the 3D effect and have smaller/average hands so I like the regular model better.
Also I'm waiting for the Pikachu XL.

@rahxephon122

:O
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#27poptarts22Posted 1/19/2013 7:28:02 PM
Original 3DS only has stretched blur mode or microscopic to scale mode for DS games.

XL has perfect 1:1 resolution mode for DS games, which is not only not microscopic, but is actually 1:1 with the size of an original DS Lite/i screen.

I really wish people who only play Pokemon Black/White on their OG 3DS would stop spreading false information on DS backwards compatibility all the time around here.
#28FaustXIIPosted 1/19/2013 7:41:55 PM
What is OG btw? Oh and I love my XL, only play it with headphones though. But it's not as if I'd play it without. (I mostly play KH3D and ToA soon enough)