Do you think the inclusion of casual mode in FE was a good thing?

#1king_darksPosted 1/18/2013 11:49:11 PM
^ Read the bottom to please. - Results (412 votes)
Yes. anything to increase sales is good. Options are fun to!
41.5% (171 votes)
Help draw in this customer that was otherwised turned away by permanent death.
30.1% (124 votes)
I don't like the implications it could have for the series :/ FE could become more "Casual" because of this.
8.74% (36 votes)
I don't care for it. Wouldn't mind if it was taken out next installment.
7.28% (30 votes)
Never cared for FE. Still don't. However good for those who benefit I suppose.
3.64% (15 votes)
Endgame and his alts click this option.
8.74% (36 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let me drop a little knowledge on ya before you vote. FE12 and FE13 has this mode. They also harbor the most difficult modes in the series history. Awakening is one of the best selling fire emblems to date and we haven't factor in the possible sales from the west and europe. Keep these things in mind.

However do not use this as a opportunity to question the legitimacy of the permanent death mechanic. Go have your argument against it evaluated on the fire emblem board. Also keep your opinions away from being in the form of a question to limit arguing. Thank you :]
---
School days are back.
#2darkness1018Posted 1/18/2013 11:58:41 PM
I think its a good thing. Ive only played 2 FE games before the GC one and the Wii sequal. I thought they were good SRPGs but i also have friends and a fiance who always wanted to get in SRPGs but found the FE a bit too hard for them. With the casual mode they may have the chance to play and enjoy this FE game so i think its a good thing.
---
PSN: nightwing2099
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#3notacosPosted 1/19/2013 12:04:50 AM
"endgame and his alts click this"
Greatest poll question ever. Now lets see how many alts the troll has...

You have changed all 3ds polls on here for the better. Every poll will have an "endgame" option from now on. You are my hero lolz.
---
3ds Friend code:
1950-7400-2754
#4king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 12:05:55 AM
notacos posted...
"endgame and his alts click this"
Greatest poll question ever. Now lets see how many alts the troll has...

You have changed all 3ds polls on here for the better. Every poll will have an "endgame" option from now on. You are my hero lolz.

LoL :P
---
School days are back.
#5Fr33zPosted 1/19/2013 12:13:29 AM
Its a great idea to get newcomers into the series. Its not forced and you still have the options to play it like normal and on even harder difficulties. Options like these are great to have and allow a wider audience to get into the series. So im all for it. Honestly I feel this is path Zelda should take, a casual vs classic mode. Casual that has all that hand holding that has been in the recent titles or classic that ramps up the difficulty and allows you to jump into it right from the start. Hero Mode in SS was a step in the right direction but not fully there.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#6danmiy12Posted 1/19/2013 12:16:05 AM
I see it as a good idea, it can even be decent for vets who want to try out the harder difficulties <like lunatic or lunatic+...> but don't want want to restart every time someone dies..

but ya its an option so if you wanted to play like how all of the older FE played, you pick classic...
---
My 3ds FC:0989-1899-7615 pm me if you want to add me
#7DarthFloatyPosted 1/19/2013 12:20:50 AM
It's a fantastic idea. It creates knew ways to play. People will be more comfortable to play harder modes knowing that it's more forgiving. Gives the game more replay value and allows for trying different tactics. It's a just an awesome idea.

I beat PoR about 15 times on hard, trying new stuff. I would have been even more adventitious if I'd had this option, I think.
#8homegirl2180Posted 1/19/2013 12:21:12 AM
As long as the standard difficulty of the series doesn't dwindle, and this doesn't become the sole method of playing, anything that gives the players more options is always a good thing. People shouldn't be forced to "play how you want them", though doing Casual mode does forbid anyone from saying the game was too easy.

That reminds me, the demo had "Normal mode" be the mode for "beginners." I played it on hard and it wasn't terribly difficult, though not a breeze. Did they just change the name of "easy" to "normal" and move every other title down in a similar fashion?
#9king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 12:27:29 AM
homegirl2180 posted...
As long as the standard difficulty of the series doesn't dwindle, and this doesn't become the sole method of playing, anything that gives the players more options is always a good thing. People shouldn't be forced to "play how you want them", though doing Casual mode does forbid anyone from saying the game was too easy.

That reminds me, the demo had "Normal mode" be the mode for "beginners." I played it on hard and it wasn't terribly difficult, though not a breeze. Did they just change the name of "easy" to "normal" and move every other title down in a similar fashion?

From what I'm hearing from the jpn version no. The difficulty is just stupidly unbalanced.
---
School days are back.
#10Kholdstare77Posted 1/19/2013 12:28:05 AM
>Read the bottom to please

I read the bottom, does it please? :P
---
3DS FC: 1289-8322-9889
SEN ID: Kholdstare77