Do you think the inclusion of casual mode in FE was a good thing?

#21king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 10:00:53 AM
legendarylemur posted...
Options are not always good. It downgrades Fire Emblem from a series that challenges your mind and humanity to a series that may at one point challenge your mind and humanity. Honestly, the game gets too easy once you just send all your guys into the field as meatshields. Of course the ignorant few may say, this is too easy and boring. This game sucks. There goes a customer this game could have saved. One may argue that those people don't deserve to like this game, but honestly, I wouldn't like it when ANYBODY dislikes a game for the wrong reason, and even though they may be in the wrong, it still frustrates me.

Also, I don't care much for the whole casuals can enter this series argument. Just because they're casuals doesn't mean they shouldn't be challenged. Well made games often tend to smooth out the learning curve well enough for even casuals to dive in until they hit a wall. However, by the time they reach that wall, they'll be having too much fun with the game to simply give up. Plus, casuals won't even have all the information anyways. How the hell would casuals even know the non-perma death option is even in this game? People who know are the ones who are most likely willing to buy the game anyways, and they won't just not buy it because of perma death

It like my post about FE having the hardest mode ever since casual mode inclusion is being excluded... Look at the poll. See how significant the number of people whom been swayed by the casual mode? This at the very least is a sign that the mode is working to draw in new customers and while advertising is the best way to get somebody to know about the game... why would anybody buy it if the challenge is to high for them? While there is alot in this post that is really silly of you to say *Like casual mode putting off potential customers.... you sound to much like endgame here* I think you can see some of the irrational fears you have when you play lunatic + febuary4th :P.
---
School days are back.
#22smashmaster1111Posted 1/19/2013 10:10:12 AM
As long as the harder modes are still challenging then who cares what modes they add. Add a mode where the game plays itself and doesn't require any user input for all I care.
---
http://koti.phnet.fi/santamik/sexophone.swf
http://timh.fobby.net/timh.swf
#23NewbieN00bPosted 1/19/2013 10:11:40 AM
I can still play classic, and we get new fans.

I don't have a problem with this.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#24Baha05Posted 1/19/2013 10:14:33 AM
More modes the better.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#25IronMonkey008Posted 1/19/2013 10:15:47 AM
I vote the second option, not sure why everyone voted for the first. Anything to increase sales isn't good, that could imply completely changing the game is good to increase sales which I'm sure most people don't want

Anyway like already said as long as they keep the original options and play style as well then there isn't any reason to be upset about a casual mode. Who cares if other people play on easy.
---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008
#26Dr Edward RoivasPosted 1/19/2013 10:19:25 AM
When I get my 3DS, I for one imagine playing casual mode to blow off steam in the morning commute. To not have to focus so much. And I'll make it my first playthrough, so as to not be ignorant of how reinforcements return arbitrarily on turn X.
---
Tie it on, in your mind. It's your Noctourniquet.
#27urmomishawt04Posted 1/19/2013 10:40:49 AM
I hate permadeath.

Yes, I like this option. At least they GIVE you the option to return to classic FE. Otherwise...a lot more s*** would go down.
---
http://i.imgur.com/YRKiw.jpg - Thanks L4DHunter!!
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794
#28Xenesis XenonPosted 1/19/2013 6:03:07 PM
legendarylemur posted...
To add to it, disabling perma-death is SUCH a huge change to the FE gameplay. You might as well be playing Advance Wars, but the thing is, the game is not meant to play like Advance Wars.

Probably not as much as you'd think - losing a unit is still a soft penalty, if they die they can't get exp for the rest of the map and if you keep lemming marching your troops, you'll end up with a really lopsided team.

Sure, it's not as big a sting as losing a unit permanently but let's all be honest here. How many people who play Fire Emblem actually take their lumps after losing a unit rather than just going screw it and restarting the map?

And no, removing permadeath from FE will not make it play like AW in the slightest.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#29SakurafanboyPosted 1/19/2013 6:14:28 PM
Yes, I need this mode. I suck at SRPGs and want to get better at them and having characters die left and right isn't really going to help. If I can go on an easy mode and learn the basics and not have to worry about Billy Bob dying and screwing me over, it'd be more fun and allow me to experiment and learn.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#30emagdnEPosted 1/19/2013 6:46:05 PM
it doesn't matter because the series has been dumbed down to the point where no one dies anyway
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus