Do you think the inclusion of casual mode in FE was a good thing?

#61Dark_AbaddonPosted 1/20/2013 6:09:31 PM
king_darks posted...
dark_abbadon

Thats called baaaad luck. 99%=/=100 and 1%=/=0

yeah I know, it only approximately equals 0. it is still quite frustrating when it happens towards the end of a long level.

I do agree though, the idea of using characters as sacrifices does take away from how the game is supposed to be played. You're supposed to get attached to them, and not want them to die, and taking away perma death kinda kills that aspect...

Practically everyone just soft resets when a character dies anyway, which you could argue also breaks the game.
---
Me: my posts, now with 100% more signature
Hades: I liked it better when your posts had 100% less signature...
#62Stefan1277Posted 1/20/2013 6:27:15 PM
New gen of cry baby gamers will love this. That's the only reason why they put it on, to please the sissies.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#63SSJ2__GohanPosted 1/20/2013 6:40:56 PM
king_darks posted...
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
Perma-death is a form of fake difficulty. After all, it makes the game harder while having nothing to do with your skill: clinging to the survival of your entire party is by far not always the best strategy there is, yet you're practically forced to do so.

It is a form of punishment for not having enough skill. Each character is capable of holding their own in lower difficulties so a death that result from failing to properly strategize is your fault.

Going with a better strategy (so: not just blindly rushing, of course) than just clinging to the survival of your team, means you are over the skill level the game requires. How is that not having enough skill? How is that not properly strategizing? There are many valid strategies, but the game enforces just 1 strategy on you.
#64Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 6:41:32 PM
Stefan1277 posted...
New gen of cry baby gamers will love this. That's the only reason why they put it on, to please the sissies.

Lol such a Petty post
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#65king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:01:51 PM
Damn you psp text limit! Anyway gohan what are you talking about? The game throws you on a map and allows you to use whatever plan to use to beat the level. The only exception is to not treat units as expendable as they won't respawn. However you can still send them to the gallows if needed. The only strategy enforced is your own. If you think huddling your units together drawing attention of hammers to your knights then gd 4 u. There is a way to keep units with hammers away from them though.
---
School days are back.
#66Xenesis XenonPosted 1/20/2013 8:06:04 PM
Dark_Abaddon posted...
Practically everyone just soft resets when a character dies anyway, which you could argue also breaks the game.

Yeah.

Wake me up when FE has an iron man mode that prevents that. Casual mode is not far from what actually happens in FE anyway.

Someone got crithax'd? Oh well, restart the chapter.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#67cadorPosted 1/20/2013 8:56:56 PM
Options for easier challenge is good. Better if you can change them on the fly. BUT... just make sure that you(The game developers I mean) make it clear on what difficulty you intended players to play the game. Like say, placing the initial selection in classic mode and the alternative as casual mode. Something like that.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy