Thinking of selling Vita for a 3ds

#1dmx4940Posted 1/19/2013 12:11:20 AM
I was thinking of selling my vita for a 3ds as 3ds seems to be getting a lot more support and has a pretty nice line up. Has anyone else done this and can tell me if they are pleased with doing so>?
---
http://live.xbox.com/member/Bigmanaw
#2GeorgeyPeorgeyPosted 1/19/2013 12:17:12 AM(edited)
Idk about this.

Is the cost of a 3DS really so great as to warrant selling a Vita and losing the ability to play all future vita games?

I just think about it like this.

If you save up for a 3DS, and keep the Vita, in the future you'll be able to buy the very best of each, and never feel like you're settling. In addition, you'll be able to buy the best for both when they come out if you absolutely must, and still have a much larger library of "not-must-have-immediately" games that will decrease in cost over time.

I guess you could always buy a Vita again, later when it's cheaper, but I hate selling systems.

This is coming from someone who owns a 3DS and not a Vita.
#3Fr33zPosted 1/19/2013 12:18:20 AM
A few of my friends recently traded in their Vita's for a 3DS, a couple others kept theirs and got the 3DS along side it as well. Its really all preference. My friends traded theirs in for the same reason you stated, they felt that the 3DS was getting more support and had a great line up of games on it now/coming in the future. The ones who kept their Vita's more so had the extra cash to throw around but also liked some Vita games like Gravity rush and Uncharted and are currently waiting for upcoming games like Soul Sacrifice. If you feel that the 3DS has more games for your taste I say go for it.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#4NathanisDrakePosted 1/19/2013 12:26:34 AM
Well if you ask me, just go ahead and sell it if you don't want it anymore.
---
http://fanboygaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/3ds-it-prints-money.gif // http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD
#5HugsAllAroundPosted 1/19/2013 12:38:40 AM
The 3DS library blows the Vita library out of the water, but I'd say go ahead and keep the Vita because eventually there will probably be some games for it that you'll want to play.

Of course, a Vita price drop is inevitable, so if you sell it now and rebuy it later then you won't have lost too much money. I guess it depends on how strapped for cash you are at the moment.
#6LinkMaster2703Posted 1/19/2013 12:43:17 AM
As someone who owns both, I could sell my Vita right now and never miss it.
---
New England Patriots: 12-4
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#7DarthFloatyPosted 1/19/2013 1:06:41 AM
I think it's a good idea. I'm going to get a Vita eventually, when it's $200 for system + all the memory I'll need (32 GB, most likely). So you could get a 3DS and have fun with it and it's fantastic library (which is massively expanding soon) now, and if you want a Vita later, you can buy another one this Christmas or next year, when it has more content that interests you.
#8funguy10Posted 1/19/2013 1:34:19 AM
that's funny as i sold a bunch of 360 games and a console for the 3DS XL. IMHO i think i made the right choice for me. as consoles get more pricey. i can get the 3DS XL and b/c & games for half the price of a console. i own a PS3,360,WII,3DS XL. i have well over 30,000.00 of games,extra. i love gaming but the 3DS XL is by far the best choice i ever made. i have no regrets. i have a very reliable system. with a ton of great games. i couldnt ask for more. i've traded in a 360 & about 250 games. walked out with 3DS XL. and over 50 games for DS & 3DS. thinking of giving up consoles for good. i have not touched my xbox,wii or PS3 since. my PS3 is my blue rya player. my wii internet. the 360 just collects dust. i've been with ms for 11yrs. wii about the same. PS3 for about 4yrs. pluses for 3DS XL. i can game anywhere and when i want to. have a case that holds everything by creative minds. i just plain love it :)
#9ValzacardXPosted 1/19/2013 12:15:22 PM
I say keep it and get a 3DS. I use to do that. I had 2 PS3, sold both after thinking I played all the exclusive I could want two times, and then something comes out I really want to play. So many games I want to import from Japan, and then all the exclusives, I missed. Plus I just remembered the Jak and Daxter collection I forgot about till I seen it in a store yesterday. I now have a PS3(that I got for free), and will not let it go. So with that I expecting the same positives with Vita and that's why I plan to get one. So keep it at least a little longer(till E3?) and sell if your absolutely sure you won't regret it too much.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#10thompsontalker7Posted 1/19/2013 12:21:05 PM
Don't sell it, TC. I just got a 3DS XL to keep myself occupied because I've pretty much bought every game I wanted for the Vita, but if the Vita does get its s*** together and comes out with a game you want, now you'd be making another topic in a while asking if you should buy a Vita again.

If you want a 3DS, get it, but don't sell the Vita.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!