Does anyone have such bad eyesight they can't see the 3D?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Does anyone have such bad eyesight they can't see the 3D?

User Info: Synbios459

4 years ago#1
Unfortunately I do. My left eye is fine but my right eye has horrible astigmatism. So bad I'm not even eligible for LASIK. If I close my left eye I'm as blind as a bat. It really sucks because I wish I could see it but alas....

Anyone in a similar position?
White 2 FC: 0863-1151-3669

User Info: The_Hungry_One

4 years ago#2
This is the perfect setup for someone to come in and say "aye".
Long days and pleasant nights.

User Info: ShadowRisae

4 years ago#3
My eyesight isn't anywhere near that bad. I can actually get away without glasses or contacts for things up close (and if I wore them, my vision literally is the same). Just once stuff gets about 10 feet away or more, my vision is blurry. So, yeah, I can see the 3D. I don't think you're missing anything in not being able to see it.

However, I'm incredibly biased against it. The 3D gives me a headache very quickly after turning it on. I'm pretty sure it's a motion sickness related thing, because I get similar headaches if I read in a car and such. So I leave it permanently off.
Gamecenter CX is awesome.

User Info: TinyTim123

4 years ago#4
A life of misadventures has left me with retinal scarring in my right eye... it can be treated, but is extremely expensive... I can sort of kind of see the 3D from the 3DS but not well. I'm lucky I can memorize the eye chart for the driver's license exam. Left eye, fine. Right eye, a big blur.

User Info: TheFrisk

4 years ago#5
My eyes are so bad I'm blind.

User Info: siberian142

4 years ago#6
I can see the 3D, but I have diplopia (double vision) and the 3D is too much added stress on my eye. I usually cover one eye to prevent seeing double and trying to painfully focus it into one image, so the 3D effect is lost on me anyways.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
4 years ago#7
I can see it, but the 3D effect causes me to have incredibly painful eye muscle spasms and migraine level headaches.

I don't like seeing it. - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: PsychoWolfX

4 years ago#8
I've never been able to see much of anything out of my left eye. If I were to close my right eye I could probably avoid crashing into walls, but that'd be about it. I did have surgery a few years back to get lenses implanted in my eyes (basically contacts that you never have to change) that in combination with glasses gives me enough vision to drive, and I don't need to wear glasses anymore for anything else.
I still can't see muhc out of my left eye though -_- not enough for 3D anyway. It dosen't bother me too much though.

User Info: guedesbrawl

4 years ago#9
i can barely notice a different really adds nothing,just drains battery faster and makes the screen slightly darker.almsot as useless as HD
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6

User Info: JurassicBond

4 years ago#10
I have pretty much perfect vision, but for some reason I can't see 3D effects that well. The only game I played where it didn't hurt my eyes was Resident Evil Revelations, and even in that one I didn't notice a big difference. Movies are the same way for me.
Reading: A Memory of Light - Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Does anyone have such bad eyesight they can't see the 3D?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived