Does anyone have such bad eyesight they can't see the 3D?

#1Synbios459Posted 1/19/2013 4:12:42 AM
Unfortunately I do. My left eye is fine but my right eye has horrible astigmatism. So bad I'm not even eligible for LASIK. If I close my left eye I'm as blind as a bat. It really sucks because I wish I could see it but alas....

Anyone in a similar position?
---
White 2 FC: 0863-1151-3669
#2The_Hungry_OnePosted 1/19/2013 4:36:22 AM
This is the perfect setup for someone to come in and say "aye".
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#3ShadowRisaePosted 1/19/2013 4:42:36 AM
My eyesight isn't anywhere near that bad. I can actually get away without glasses or contacts for things up close (and if I wore them, my vision literally is the same). Just once stuff gets about 10 feet away or more, my vision is blurry. So, yeah, I can see the 3D. I don't think you're missing anything in not being able to see it.

However, I'm incredibly biased against it. The 3D gives me a headache very quickly after turning it on. I'm pretty sure it's a motion sickness related thing, because I get similar headaches if I read in a car and such. So I leave it permanently off.
---
Gamecenter CX is awesome.
#4TinyTim123Posted 1/19/2013 5:00:03 AM
A life of misadventures has left me with retinal scarring in my right eye... it can be treated, but is extremely expensive... I can sort of kind of see the 3D from the 3DS but not well. I'm lucky I can memorize the eye chart for the driver's license exam. Left eye, fine. Right eye, a big blur.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#5TheFriskPosted 1/19/2013 5:30:08 AM
My eyes are so bad I'm blind.
#6siberian142Posted 1/19/2013 5:36:10 AM
I can see the 3D, but I have diplopia (double vision) and the 3D is too much added stress on my eye. I usually cover one eye to prevent seeing double and trying to painfully focus it into one image, so the 3D effect is lost on me anyways.
#7Xenesis XenonPosted 1/19/2013 5:42:44 AM
I can see it, but the 3D effect causes me to have incredibly painful eye muscle spasms and migraine level headaches.

I don't like seeing it.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#8PsychoWolfXPosted 1/19/2013 6:14:25 AM
I've never been able to see much of anything out of my left eye. If I were to close my right eye I could probably avoid crashing into walls, but that'd be about it. I did have surgery a few years back to get lenses implanted in my eyes (basically contacts that you never have to change) that in combination with glasses gives me enough vision to drive, and I don't need to wear glasses anymore for anything else.
I still can't see muhc out of my left eye though -_- not enough for 3D anyway. It dosen't bother me too much though.
#9guedesbrawlPosted 1/19/2013 6:19:11 AM
i can barely notice a different thing.it really adds nothing,just drains battery faster and makes the screen slightly darker.almsot as useless as HD
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#10JurassicBondPosted 1/19/2013 7:38:47 AM
I have pretty much perfect vision, but for some reason I can't see 3D effects that well. The only game I played where it didn't hurt my eyes was Resident Evil Revelations, and even in that one I didn't notice a big difference. Movies are the same way for me.
---
Reading: A Memory of Light - Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg