Investment in social games companies collapsed in 2012, falling by 94% from 2011

#11Elements012894Posted 1/19/2013 8:32:03 AM
Makeveli_lives posted...
Makeveli_lives posted...
Bu-buu-! But everyone told me social gaming will kill off dedicated handhelds and consoles for sure!

That's mobile gaming, what you're talking about is crap like Facebook games.

they're basically the same thing.

You think facebook games compares to iOS/android gaming? lol @ you.

I'm quite a decent amount of games like temple run and angry birds are also facebook games. So yeah there is some bleeding going on there
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#12nonexistingheroPosted 1/19/2013 9:00:50 AM
99% of the games on mobile devices are the same kind of things you find on Facebook and flash sites and whatnot.

The remaining 1% is decent, but the majority of that is ported from another console or handheld and only a very tiny amount is original good stuff.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#13elsmittyPosted 1/19/2013 9:16:51 AM
I'll never forget that jerk Michael Pachter saying the future of gaming is in social games.
---
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
#14pikachupwnagePosted 1/19/2013 9:16:58 AM
Everyone flood this into Square enix's email.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#15deimos91Posted 1/19/2013 9:29:37 AM
Elements012894 posted...
Makeveli_lives posted...
Makeveli_lives posted...
Bu-buu-! But everyone told me social gaming will kill off dedicated handhelds and consoles for sure!

That's mobile gaming, what you're talking about is crap like Facebook games.

they're basically the same thing.

You think facebook games compares to iOS/android gaming? lol @ you.

I'm quite a decent amount of games like temple run and angry birds are also facebook games. So yeah there is some bleeding going on there

it is the same worthless simple trash
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#16XashowdPosted 1/19/2013 10:50:04 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
Everyone flood this into Square enix's email.

This. Then maybe they can stop catering to iOS and return to a dedicated gaming system like the 3DS. And get back on the good side of their real fanbase.
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#17emagdnEPosted 1/19/2013 11:32:33 AM
Oh no, people can realize crap is a crap?

considering that Nintendo is making more money than ever under Iwata's leadership, the Republican Party is still in power in the year 2013, companies like EA and Square Enix have not gone under, "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" is one of the highest rating shows currently airing in America, One Piece is the highest selling manga in Japan.....

no, no they cannot
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#18Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 11:44:41 AM
emagdnE posted...
Oh no, people can realize crap is a crap?

considering that Nintendo is making more money than ever under Iwata's leadership, the Republican Party is still in power in the year 2013, companies like EA and Square Enix have not gone under, "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" is one of the highest rating shows currently airing in America, One Piece is the highest selling manga in Japan.....

no, no they cannot

Implying One Piece in terms of quality is "crap" despite high sales numbers would surely turn your argument against you. But i almosr forgot trolls can't organize their thought processes carefully before they post, especially residential trolls.