Can someone explain the appeal of Fire Emblem?

#11SkyminxyzPosted 1/19/2013 5:29:49 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
JoeBudden42 posted...
Which Fire Emblem game are the guys from SSMB in? I didn't see them in the GBA one or the newest one...

Roy is a japan only character. Well, he actually appears in the epilogue of US copies of FE7. (The one with Eliwood. Since Eliwood is Roys dad and all.)

Marth is in Shadow Dragon. (The DS game.) Shadow Dragon also got a sequel, but it was never localized.

Ike is from the Game Cube and Wii FEs.

Ike is DLC for this game.

(There is also something else related to Ike in this game, but spoilers.)

Ike's playable (as DLC) in this game? If so nice.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#12guedesbrawlPosted 1/19/2013 5:31:14 PM
sigh,you guys

Marth:appeared in FE 1,3,11 and 12 as the main character.!! is a remake of 1,12 is a remake of 3.
only !! made it to the west,named Fire emblem Shadow Dragon,for the DS

Roy:son of Eliwood,the main character of FE7 (known here simply as Fire emblem,for the GBA).
he made a cameo in the ending of the game as a child,but his adventure happens in FE6,japan only.

Ike:Main Character of FE9,path of radiance,for the GC.also considered the True hero of the sequel,Radiant dawn,for the Wii.

All of those are available as Special DLC units (pay for a special chapter.beat the chapter and you can use the character.they have special art,but aren't voiced or have a cut-in for critical hits and skills).There's also a set of 10 generic spotpass units of each fire emblem game prior to awakening.if you are lucky,you may get one of them. (note that,marth is available twice,for the set of FE1/11 and 3/12)
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#13MrKunioPosted 1/19/2013 5:32:01 PM
Fire emblem is pretty cool, although I wasnt into it at first either.

Its slow paced, so just take your time and plan your moves.

The stories are pretty cool so dont skip over them too much.

Stop and visit villages and such. fight in the woods, or from the fortresses.

I always watch the battles but use my imagination as characters are fighting. I cant explain it.

The Fire Emblem demo is really cool as well, and I am enjoying it. Its not final fantasy tactics but there are similarities for sure. Theres quite a bit of ways to build up your favorite looking characters too.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#14JoeBudden42Posted 1/19/2013 5:38:11 PM
FE 1,3,11 and 13???

Wow had no idea there were so many.. I thought this 3DS FE was the third or maybe the fourth lol. Thanks for the responses though.
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#15NewbieN00bPosted 1/19/2013 5:40:03 PM
JoeBudden42 posted...
FE 1,3,11 and 13???

Wow had no idea there were so many.. I thought this 3DS FE was the third or maybe the fourth lol. Thanks for the responses though.

Yup, this series has been around since the NES. Never actually got out of japan til the GBA.

http://www.serenesforest.net/
The list on the left is a list of all the FEs.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#16confettistormPosted 1/19/2013 6:49:34 PM
Getting smahed in the face repeatedly until you see your plan unfold perfectly before your eyes.

Took me a few tries, but I finally got Chapter 1 Lunatic without losing anyone.
#17emagdnEPosted 1/19/2013 6:56:48 PM
Planning a strategy is fun.

indeed

.....but ****ing Iwata removed that from Fire Emblem since SUCKred Stones in an effort to appeal to "casuals"

we haven't had a (non-remake) real Fire Emblem in around a decade, just these twisted mockeries of a once great franchise
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#18aamotPosted 1/19/2013 7:01:05 PM

Honestly? Permadeath.

It's crazy just how much your gameplan changes when there are no do-overs.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#19king_darksPosted 1/19/2013 7:02:08 PM
aamot posted...

Honestly? Permadeath.

It's crazy just how much your gameplan changes when there are no do-overs.

That isn't it.
---
School days are back.
#20AceMosPosted 1/19/2013 7:04:28 PM
emagdnE posted...
Planning a strategy is fun.

indeed

.....but ****ing Iwata removed that from Fire Emblem since SUCKred Stones in an effort to appeal to "casuals"

we haven't had a (non-remake) real Fire Emblem in around a decade, just these twisted mockeries of a once great franchise

your ignornace is showing again

sacred stones was not the first fire emblem to use that style

nor will it be the last

also iwata dont step in verry often in the games
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*