Worth getting? Day 7: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

#1pafbonkPosted 1/19/2013 7:34:36 PM(edited)
Is this game worth getting? - Results (89 votes)
I give it the thumbs-up approval!
83.15% (74 votes)
I sure as hell don't.
16.85% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Sticker Star turned out to be another controversial topic, with only a slightly better score than NSMB2.

Today is going to be less controversial, though, I think.

I have to vote yes. Fun to play and easy to control.

Noms:
Metal Gear Solid 3D
Virtue's Last Reward: Zero Escape
Tales of the abyss
Mario Kart 7
Pilotwings
Starfox 64 3D
Sonic Generations 3DS

Results:

Worth it!
Ocarina of Time 3D: 90.07% approval rating
Super Mario 3D Land: 88.68% approval rating
Kid Icarus Uprising: 85.96% approval rating
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance: 55.06% approval rating
New Super Mario Bros 2: 51.43% approval rating

Not worth it!
Mario Tennis Open: 38.46% approval rating
---
Zelda fans are unpleasable. People who agree: 3
Official Lugia of the Pokemon X board.
#2poptarts22Posted 1/19/2013 7:34:30 PM
Not as good as Birth by Sleep, but a solid game overall.
#3gransPosted 1/19/2013 7:46:18 PM(edited)
Very good game, one I highly recommend.

The gameplay and worlds are much better than BBS IMO. KH3D has probably the best world design in the series (certainly the largest ones with the most intricate layouts in the series), adds a very cool new mechanic in the form of flowmotion, and takes the combat system from BBS and tightens it up heavily. I even find the way it handled multiple playable characters was better than the way BBS did it (the drop meter which occasionally switches you between the two characters via a slowly depleting bar).

I make no exaggeration when I say that DDD is my favorite game in the series from a pure gameplay perspective. The story could be considered worse (though I enjoy DDD's dialog writing considerably more). But in gameplay it wins outright IMO.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#4Baha05Posted 1/19/2013 7:41:45 PM
I'm going to say yeah it's worth getting
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#5Bane_Of_DespairPosted 1/19/2013 7:43:36 PM
Definitely, it's one of the best games on 3DS. I don't know how I would compare it to BBS because I LOVE BBS as well, better in some aspects and worse in others.
---
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"
#6poptarts22Posted 1/19/2013 7:54:32 PM
Birth by Sleep introduced wonderful new characters, added a new pillar of storytelling, had a great soundtrack, and the secret ending was very moving and sets up an awesome direction for KH3. It also had the amazingly addicting command board (fortune street) minigame.

Dream Drop Distance continues the Sora x Riku love story, uses monster leveling as the new form of grinding, has some very whimsical new worlds to visit, and then takes a poop on the player's face with the ending and takes the direction of KH3 in a downward spiral of shonen jump.

Both are fun games though.
#7pafbonk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 7:07:53 AM
Bump.
---
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ
#8thompsontalker7Posted 1/20/2013 7:39:38 AM
poptarts22 posted...

---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#9pafbonk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 1:36:21 PM
bump.
---
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ
#10Carbuncle009Posted 1/20/2013 1:48:36 PM(edited)
Having played no other handheld title except CoM, I loved the game for the amount of exploration within it that was seemingly absent from the looks of Days and/or BBS. It took me forever to find all the chests, mostly because the worlds were so immersive, ESPECIALLY the last one, which shows the 3DS processing powers by featuring a large-scaled city and fortress, each with their own unique crevices. Definitely worth the $40.

Also...
pafbonk posted...
New Super Mario Bros 2: 51.43% approval rating

That was extremely close, holy ****.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 5 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw