Are you going all digital and one more question?

#41surferguy7Posted 1/21/2013 6:07:27 AM
No.

Call me old fashioned, but I enjoy picking up a shiny new game and ripping off the cover once I get home.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#42xellos667Posted 1/21/2013 7:11:28 AM
I'm in the very small minority, but I LOVE going all digital.

First let's take care of some things. I don't plan on selling my games, I'm always buying the games I want Day 1, so I never takes advantages of sales, and physical games takes useless space, and are not cool like they used to be when it comes to manual in particular.

So really, the only thing that matter to me is having all my games on the go in my pocket, without ever carrying one cart with me. It suits my lifestyle perfectly. I admit that the lack of an account system make me worry, but then I remember my launch day Wii with over 100 VC/WiiWare games on it, and still working perfectly. My fear then go away. Plus, in the coming years, I'm sure Nintendo will work on something for both the 3DS and Wii U.

tl;dr: I'm all digital, and very happy with it.
---
My digital 3DS games collection and slow progression beating them:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#43NettoSaitoPosted 1/21/2013 7:19:59 AM
Well I'm sure you see from my backloggery but... I normally only go digital only IF that's the only option. I download PSOne Classics, I've bought a few PSP downloads so I can play them on my Vita, I've downloaded XBLA games, Wii Virtual Console, games from Steam, and a few other types of games as well. Still, for the most part, I actually just buy my games.

The reason is, well, digital games aren't worth anything, while hard copies become collectors items as the years go by. Just look at games like Mario DDR, the thing got a single shipment with about 2-3 copies per store. If you didn't buy it when you saw it, you'd never see it again. Good news is, I got one ^_^. Then there's other games like Time Hollow, Lux-Pain, Infinite Space, and Phantasy Star Zero which also only got a single shipment to select stores. The Last Story also had a very extremely limited print, and Xenoblade was limited AND only released at GameStop.

If you own any of them games, well, they'll be wroth something. If you downloaded them (assuming you could, which you can't), then they'd be worth nothing.

Still if you don't care about that at all, then there's no reason you shouldn't go digital. It's REALLY nice being able to just click on an icon and play a game.

As for what your friend said... Yeah you shouldn't keep games near a heater. It warns you to keep them out of extremely cold weather, hot weather, out of direct sunlight, and away from things such as heaters. Just go read one of them health/safety things that seem to come with every game (except Vita games. Everything with the Vita is digital except the game itself, so there's actually NOTHING at all in that huge box, besides a small game).
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#44Sir_HaxorPosted 1/21/2013 2:39:06 PM
Never going all digital. I like seeing my things. If games go all digital then I'll just put on an eyepatch.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#45EnclavePosted 1/21/2013 8:53:26 PM
xellos667 posted...
I'm in the very small minority, but I LOVE going all digital.

First let's take care of some things. I don't plan on selling my games, I'm always buying the games I want Day 1, so I never takes advantages of sales, and physical games takes useless space, and are not cool like they used to be when it comes to manual in particular.

So really, the only thing that matter to me is having all my games on the go in my pocket, without ever carrying one cart with me. It suits my lifestyle perfectly. I admit that the lack of an account system make me worry, but then I remember my launch day Wii with over 100 VC/WiiWare games on it, and still working perfectly. My fear then go away. Plus, in the coming years, I'm sure Nintendo will work on something for both the 3DS and Wii U.

tl;dr: I'm all digital, and very happy with it.

What are you going to do if your Wii or 3DS break down and stop working one day? All that wasted money. But don't worry, Nintendo will let you buy them all all over again.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#46xellos667Posted 1/22/2013 6:38:37 AM
For the Wii, I transfered it to my Wii U, so it shoudl last a while. And I also did a transfert from my original 3DS to my XL, so I'm sure I will be able to to the same if my XL come close to its death.

And Nintendo started working on its account System with the Wii U. For now, it's still linked to the system, but I'm pretty sure that in the next 6 years, they will have a real account system, and that until then, like my Wii, my 3DS will survive, so I'm not worrying too much.

For now, the Pros of having everything digital on my 3DS far outweight the Cons.
---
My digital 3DS games collection and slow progression beating them:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#47PokeMasterPosted 1/22/2013 6:44:19 AM
Enclave posted...

What are you going to do if your Wii or 3DS break down and stop working one day? All that wasted money. .

Never had an issue with Nintendo products. All my old consoles and handhelds still work perfectly. Compared to a RROD 360 and a burnt out PS3 (that one was my fault though)
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.