In your opinion, the most over-rated and under-rated 3ds game

#101parKb5Posted 1/20/2013 7:15:12 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
The little story it has is to give a good excuse to motivate you to explore and do battles outside the badge-collecting.
It's really there just to stabilish a standard route for players...

It's like asking Nintendo to completely scrap the little story cut-scenes from Mario games just because Mario is all about having fun in the stages.

The stories are there to stabilish the connection and order of the stages you explore in the games. To explain why you're doing what the game wants you to do and where you should go. They don't NEED to be complex or original to work.

I'm just saying why I think Pokemon is overrated. Once you play one game, you've played them all, as the story never, ever changes.

I mean, every Zelda game is set up so that you explore them in certain ways and to establish the connection and order of the stages, but the stages are different from game to game.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#102Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 7:18:26 PM
parKb5 posted...
I'm just saying why I think Pokemon is overrated. Once you play one game, you've played them all, as the story never, ever changes.

I mean, every Zelda game is set up so that you explore them in certain ways and to establish the connection and order of the stages, but the stages are different from game to game.

Not really though, sure some elements are reused but B/W and the Sequels did the story more justice.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#103SkyminxyzPosted 1/20/2013 7:44:34 PM
parKb5 posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
The little story it has is to give a good excuse to motivate you to explore and do battles outside the badge-collecting.
It's really there just to stabilish a standard route for players...

It's like asking Nintendo to completely scrap the little story cut-scenes from Mario games just because Mario is all about having fun in the stages.

The stories are there to stabilish the connection and order of the stages you explore in the games. To explain why you're doing what the game wants you to do and where you should go. They don't NEED to be complex or original to work.

^You've clearly never played, (or even heard of) the GC games then...

Now as far as the main series is concerned, well at least B/W changed a few things up.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#104Nickcool1996Posted 1/20/2013 7:47:06 PM
Baha05 posted...
Funny thing about that Nick is I tried the demo and it's doing the same effect, I'm even playing Sacred Stones too get used to it and be spiteful to Endgame.

I'm going to try to play 7 again to see if my opinion's changed in 5 years.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#105BrokenBandit84Posted 1/20/2013 8:51:03 PM
Overrated: Resident Evil Revelations
Underrated: Sakura Samurai
#106Kaze_MemaryuPosted 1/21/2013 4:17:10 AM
Overrated: Kingdom Hearts 3D/Tales of the Abyss
Underrated: BlazBlue Continuum Shift II
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#107Koi_TenchiPosted 1/21/2013 7:02:17 AM
>___> I feel like there's a lot of people in this thread talking about story in Pokemon as if BW don't exist...
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#108Halladay32Posted 1/21/2013 7:46:20 AM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
>___> I feel like there's a lot of people in this thread talking about story in Pokemon as if BW don't exist...

The story was a step-up from the others, but it still wasn't anything spectacular, in my opinion. Not that story's a huge consideration when it comes to the Pokemon series anyway. The aspect I'd like to see modified for Pokemon X/Y and beyond is the structure. Enough with the mandatory gyms, the Elite Four, the rival, the evil "Team Whatever" -- I would love to see a less formulaic adventure, while perhaps including the gyms as optional or as post-game challenges. I doubt many would agree with me, but it seems complacent and lazy to just keep trotting out that model with cosmetic and ancillary touch-ups.
---
"That's the kind of man I was."
#109Koi_TenchiPosted 1/21/2013 8:38:25 AM
Halladay32 posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...

The story was a step-up from the others, but it still wasn't anything spectacular, in my opinion. Not that story's a huge consideration when it comes to the Pokemon series anyway. The aspect I'd like to see modified for Pokemon X/Y and beyond is the structure. Enough with the mandatory gyms, the Elite Four, the rival, the evil "Team Whatever" -- I would love to see a less formulaic adventure, while perhaps including the gyms as optional or as post-game challenges. I doubt many would agree with me, but it seems complacent and lazy to just keep trotting out that model with cosmetic and ancillary touch-ups.

I do honestly agree with you that it would be nice to see.

I'm just also saying that since in BW1 The champion was an optional post game challenge I'm thinking/hoping what you're saying wouldn't be that farfetched for next gen.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#110LOLRIFANPosted 1/21/2013 8:45:56 AM
itt:this how 99% people post
overrated:some game i don't like that i call overrated because people like it,even though plently of people like me bash it
underrated:some game i like that i call underated because people hate it,even though people like me act like it's god's gift to gamers.
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84