Your Reaction: Putting the Pokemon games on the eShop is only taking so long...

#1brainfreeze10Posted 1/20/2013 8:38:18 AM
...because Nintendo is developing a way to transfer the Pokemon you catch in RBY to the newer Pokemon games on DS and soon-to-be 3DS. This'll be the first time you can trade them past Gen 2, though of course they've all appeared in newer games since then anyway.

Just curious if this is something people are interested in, or if it'd possibly make up for the delay.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
3DS Friend Code: 1289-8728-7299
#2LOLRIFANPosted 1/20/2013 8:56:40 AM
It's not happening because there's far too much work involved in making those games able to trade with each other without link cables.

pokemon fire red and leaf green already used infared based trading so it'd less work to port that to 3ds
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#3thompsontalker7Posted 1/20/2013 9:03:20 AM
There's no way in hell Gen 1/2 Pokemon are gonna be transferable, there's just too much to consider.

I think they're just trying to figure how out much is too much for Pokemon fans.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#4Koi_TenchiPosted 1/20/2013 9:11:50 AM
thompsontalker7 posted...
There's no way in hell Gen 1/2 Pokemon are gonna be transferable, there's just too much to consider.

I think they're just trying to figure how out much is too much for Pokemon fans.

This.

Gen I to Gen II trading already forced the game to create a gender and (sometimes) a hold item for every traded Pokemon.

Trading a Gen I Pokemon to, say, Gen IV would force the game to completely rewrite the IV's (and thus stats as a whole to some extent) and would create tons of absolutely broken Pokemon (Fissure No Guard Machamp?) unless the game didn't let you trade over Pokemon unless they ONLY had moves they can still learn today.

I personally think they could just be holding off releasing it until Nintendo gets multiplayer working on VC games. I heard supposedly some games have multiplayer on VC in Japan at this point but not many, and I can't see them rereleasing a main series Pokemon game WITHOUT multiplayer.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#5brainfreeze10(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:18:05 AM
It was just a hypothetical, guys >_>

But either way, insightful, and I can't say I disagree, so thanks.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
3DS Friend Code: 1289-8728-7299
#6AceMosPosted 1/20/2013 9:24:45 AM
gen 1 and gen 2 are WAY over rated the franchsie got much better since then
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#7SSJ4CHRISPosted 1/20/2013 9:28:47 AM
Gen 1 and 2 are OUTDATED. Why should they rework the GB games for the eShop when they already did that on the GBA/DS? Why do Nintendo fans want Nintendo to make bad business decisions?
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#8TAoRPosted 1/20/2013 9:29:30 AM(edited)
AceMos posted...

Lolno
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#9LOLRIFANPosted 1/20/2013 9:30:16 AM
AceMos posted...

this that said if we HAVE to get gen 1 on eshop make it the remakes...
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#10jovewolfPosted 1/20/2013 9:33:57 AM
TAoR posted...
AceMos posted...

Lolno

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrj0vaztMC1qzl3jro1_500.png

R/B/Y were horribly bugged and broken, so yeah the later ones are better.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."