Your Reaction: Putting the Pokemon games on the eShop is only taking so long...

#31Jakerific44Posted 1/20/2013 4:37:46 PM
Bass_X0 posted...
G1 Pokemon is still a good game compared to other GB games on the Virtual Console.

This
---
Official Dratini of the Pokemon X Board
Going to go a year without playing 3DS. Started 1/14/13. Ended 1/14/13
#32robulastagePosted 1/20/2013 4:45:43 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
thompsontalker7 posted...
There's no way in hell Gen 1/2 Pokemon are gonna be transferable, there's just too much to consider.

I think they're just trying to figure how out much is too much for Pokemon fans.

This.

Gen I to Gen II trading already forced the game to create a gender and (sometimes) a hold item for every traded Pokemon.

Trading a Gen I Pokemon to, say, Gen IV would force the game to completely rewrite the IV's (and thus stats as a whole to some extent) and would create tons of absolutely broken Pokemon (Fissure No Guard Machamp?) unless the game didn't let you trade over Pokemon unless they ONLY had moves they can still learn today.

I personally think they could just be holding off releasing it until Nintendo gets multiplayer working on VC games. I heard supposedly some games have multiplayer on VC in Japan at this point but not many, and I can't see them rereleasing a main series Pokemon game WITHOUT multiplayer.

Oh my god. I would Scarf the crap out of that 'Champ.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727
#33n00bsaib0tPosted 1/20/2013 4:56:45 PM
Vyers posted...
LOLRIFAN posted...
It's not happening because there's far too much work involved in making those games able to trade with each other without link cables.

pokemon fire red and leaf green already used infared based trading so it'd less work to port that to 3ds

What in the world? They've already established Virtual Console gameplay w/o link cables. There's nothing involved.

what are you talking about there are no vc games that allow two 3ds to interact or multiple games switching to player two isn't the same thing.

ITT- Japan doesn't exist and none of the things they have a real.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#34LOLRIFANPosted 1/20/2013 4:59:47 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Vyers posted...
LOLRIFAN posted...
It's not happening because there's far too much work involved in making those games able to trade with each other without link cables.

pokemon fire red and leaf green already used infared based trading so it'd less work to port that to 3ds

What in the world? They've already established Virtual Console gameplay w/o link cables. There's nothing involved.

what are you talking about there are no vc games that allow two 3ds to interact or multiple games switching to player two isn't the same thing.

ITT- Japan doesn't exist and none of the things they have a real.

what? can you provide proof a japanese vc game has this? i honestly had no idea it did so please don't mock me.
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#35n00bsaib0tPosted 1/20/2013 5:03:49 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/65073953

Quick GameFAQs search for "download play" had this as the first topic. NES games never supported wireless network play in the first place, but some people here want to tell me that I don't understand "networking infrastructure" when I say that they could easily make the GB emulators support wireless multiplayer when they made it work on the NES emulator.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#36LOLRIFANPosted 1/20/2013 5:07:12 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/65073953

Quick GameFAQs search for "download play" had this as the first topic. NES games never supported wireless network play in the first place, but some people here want to tell me that I don't understand "networking infrastructure" when I say that they could easily make the GB emulators support wireless multiplayer when they made it work on the NES emulator.

umm... REAL emulators could easily make online play on a system that didn't have online(zsnes does,project 64 does,dolphin does,etc.)
---
#37n00bsaib0tPosted 1/20/2013 5:18:02 PM
umm... REAL emulators could easily make online play on a system that didn't have online(zsnes does,project 64 does,dolphin does,etc.)

Why the emphasis on "real"? They use real emulators on the 3DS for the virtual console.

And of course I'm aware of this. People around here like to make themselves sound smart by talking about things they know nothing about and throwing around big words they don't understand. ZSNES can make online play work with Mario Kart, which never supported it but apparently the VC GB emulator can't have link mode because the GB multiplayer wasn't wireless and anyone who disagrees knows nothing about network infrastructure.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
#38LOLRIFANPosted 1/20/2013 5:21:05 PM
i was never saying it cannot be done,my stance this entire time is nintendo is too lazy to do it.
---
#39CrabhammarPosted 1/20/2013 5:37:45 PM
jovewolf posted...
LOLRIFAN posted...
ignore him he's one of those people who think character design is more important the gameplay innovation.

http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy/pokegreen/pok%C3%A9mon2.png

I like Wigglytuff in this link. He's like "lol i'm trippin balls"
---
PSN: Bluechacho
I can't see your messages on the Vita! Sorry guys! :S
#40robulastagePosted 1/20/2013 5:44:36 PM
Crabhammar posted...
jovewolf posted...
LOLRIFAN posted...
ignore him he's one of those people who think character design is more important the gameplay innovation.

http://spriters-resource.com/gameboy/pokegreen/pok%C3%A9mon2.png

I like Wigglytuff in this link. He's like "lol i'm trippin balls"

Lol yeah, I agree. And Poliwrath looks like he's trying to lay an egg.

Also, off-topic, but it's nice to see a friendly face from the PSASBR board here.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727