Sega has brought 3D classics back to life recently and I want to know.

#21nonexistingheroPosted 1/20/2013 3:31:59 PM
SEGA, because they have a ton of games that could benefit it. It's stupid to vote for Square-Enix, because everyone would know they'd do a shoddy job and ask even higher prices. They'll ask $10 for a 3D classic version of FF6 and then they'll charge you $5 more for the 3D mode.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#22TinyTim123Posted 1/20/2013 3:50:31 PM
Konami.
Contra III the Alien Wars. Contra Hard Corps. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Arcade Game. Stuff like that.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#23DarkIVloonPosted 1/20/2013 3:51:47 PM
Koyomi_Araragi posted...
Gyruss...

I would love to see this as a 3D Classic
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#24PaukenPosted 1/20/2013 5:51:18 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
If I actually bothered to support the draconian-DRM-laden eShop, 3D Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles would be awesome.

Too bad Nintendo loves evil DRM that brutally hurts the consumer.

Tying the purchases to the 3DS is evil now? Its not like they require you to be online to play they game, they just don't let you download it, copy it to another SD card, and let everyone you know have a free game. God forbid companies be smart about something and not give you pirate your friends games, right?

Even PSN and XBL do this, just to a lesser extent. PS3 lets you register two systems to your account to redeem your purchase on. XBL only lets you register to one, but if you recover your account on a system and are signed into XBL you can use your games, if you aren't signed into XBL your games are invisible to other accounts (on the registered system other accounts can play your games).

Why do you NEED to be able to put your games on multiple 3DS's? I'm not sure why its so evil that Nintendo only lets you register one system, aside from someone just wanting free games.

PS- Lacking an account system isn't the same thing as DRM.

What happens if my 3DS for whatever reason is lost? All those purchases go poof with the console. It has little to do with multiple 3DS systems and far more to do with the fact that you must repurchase everything you bought if your 3DS gets lost or destroyed.

Even though MS and Sony use systems with console tying, they don't use that EXCLUSIVELY. Your purchases are tied to your account, and your current console; if your console dies, you can still use the purchases after a license transfer. Is it a pain in the ass? Yes, but it's not anywhere near as bad as losing the purchases entirely.

Anyone who supports having to repurchase games when/if your 3DS breaks obviously is a Nintendrone; there's no reason to have that as the sole DRM, when an account based system is so @$@$ing easy to implement now.
#25n00bsaib0tPosted 1/20/2013 6:01:29 PM
What happens if my 3DS for whatever reason is lost? All those purchases go poof with the console. It has little to do with multiple 3DS systems and far more to do with the fact that you must repurchase everything you bought if your 3DS gets lost or destroyed.

Even though MS and Sony use systems with console tying, they don't use that EXCLUSIVELY. Your purchases are tied to your account, and your current console; if your console dies, you can still use the purchases after a license transfer. Is it a pain in the ass? Yes, but it's not anywhere near as bad as losing the purchases entirely.

Anyone who supports having to repurchase games when/if your 3DS breaks obviously is a Nintendrone; there's no reason to have that as the sole DRM, when an account based system is so @$@$ing easy to implement now.

First of all...

Second, if you lose or break your 3DS just make sure its registered on Club Nintendo, then call Nintendo and have THEM do the system transfer. All your purchases show up in the eshop under your downloads and you can redownload everything for free. Their method prevents game sharing and only prevents the ignorant like you who like to talk about subjects they don't understand from getting their games. It's less convenient than the XBL and PSN methods, but its 100% effective in preventing game sharing.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#26taosapaoPosted 1/20/2013 7:19:37 PM
Sega classics in 3D would be dream come true.^_^
#27Mascara_SnakePosted 1/20/2013 10:08:20 PM
Why do you NEED to be able to put your games on multiple 3DS's? I'm not sure why its so evil that Nintendo only lets you register one system, aside from someone just wanting free games.

No one needs anything on any 3DSs, or any 3DSs at all. There is, however, at least one legitimate reason to want the ability to put your games on multiple 3DSs. Someone may have an original 3DS which they use when on-the-go, while they use their 3DS XL at home. In this case there would be no good reason for that person to buy digital games, as physical ones will let them switch between their XL and original fairly easily and simply.

There are probably other legitimate uses for multiple system installs, but in any case, there's at least one reason.
---
Steam: Giever
3DS: 2707-2677-5299
#28Semi45aPosted 1/20/2013 10:28:49 PM
Contra hard corps
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#29MrAntike184Posted 1/20/2013 10:39:59 PM
How Did Sega Bring The 3D Classics Back? Am I Missing Something Or Are These The Only 3D Classics: Excitebike, Xevious, Urban Champion, Twinbee, Kirby's Adventure, And Kid Icarus.
---
Were All Originals? Nah
#30ValzacardXPosted 1/20/2013 11:21:50 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
If I actually bothered to support the draconian-DRM-laden eShop, 3D Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles would be awesome.

Too bad Nintendo loves evil DRM that brutally hurts the consumer.

Tying the purchases to the 3DS is evil now? Its not like they require you to be online to play they game, they just don't let you download it, copy it to another SD card, and let everyone you know have a free game. God forbid companies be smart about something and not give you pirate your friends games, right?

Even PSN and XBL do this, just to a lesser extent. PS3 lets you register two systems to your account to redeem your purchase on. XBL only lets you register to one, but if you recover your account on a system and are signed into XBL you can use your games, if you aren't signed into XBL your games are invisible to other accounts (on the registered system other accounts can play your games).

You don't even need to do the license transfer if your always online, just great having thing tied to an account on not a system.

On topic, no specific company, so I vote for them all, but I might lean more towards Sega.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement