For such a high rate of adoption...

#11brainfreeze10Posted 1/20/2013 12:03:48 PM
BlackPhoenix127 posted...
If you're referring to western third parties, don't hold your breath. Western devs and publishers have a long history of largely ignoring handhelds regardless of how many systems have been sold. They'd rather make brown and grey shooters on consoles.

Japanese developers on the other hand are much more inclined to develop for handhelds since they're so popular in Japan.

Basically this. And since so many games aren't being localized it makes it feel like 3rd parties don't care outside of Japan. That's why, IMO, region locking is by far this system's biggest flaw. That's something you may miss from the Vita, I certainly miss it from the PSP.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
3DS Friend Code: 1289-8728-7299
#12SoulOni(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:27:49 PM
In a way, I am blessed to have played a majority of DS titles, since that was, and still is, my favorite console. In another way, I'm stuck with 3DS titles on my 3DS since I'm done with the DS side of things. Not to mention the lack of availability for my most interested titles (megaman zx for one).

The 3DS' adoption rate may have only picked up a year and some ago, but word of upcoming titles is still silent. Yes, there are games coming, but they're not as heavy as i expected vs the Vita. March is a hot month, but what about after that? No news so far... Am I simply spoiled because the DS was such a fantastic console? I feel like I had stuff to look forward to on DS every 2 months.
---
X360 GT: Souloni
Playing: Gears of War 3, SSF4:AE, SF3
#13brainfreeze10Posted 1/20/2013 1:33:00 PM(edited)
SoulOni posted...
In a way, I am blessed to have played a majority of DS titles, since that was, and still is, my favorite console. In another way, I'm stuck with 3DS titles on my 3DS since I'm done with the DS side of things. Not to mention the lack of availability for my most interested titles (megaman zx for one).

The 3DS' adoption rate may have only picked up a year and some ago, but word of upcoming titles is still silent. Yes, there are games coming, but they're not as heavy as i expected vs the Vita. March is a hot month, but what about after that? No news so far... Am I simply spoiled because the DS was such a fantastic console? I feel like I had stuff to look forward to on DS every 2 months.

The general consensus is that E3 will be focused on Wii U for Nintendo, so the second half of 2013 will probably only have one or two big games from them for the 3DS. Which means we're reliant on third parties (or maybe, just maybe, some GBA games on the eShop) and as we just discussed, I think the primary barrier there is just the big games not being localized. So it's really up in the air on how the last 6 months are gonna go. Maybe the speculation is correct and we'll see some Western devs finally jumping on by then, but personally I doubt it.

Tl;dr I have no idea how this year's gonna turn out.
---
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
3DS Friend Code: 1289-8728-7299
#14silenthill4vidPosted 1/20/2013 1:45:33 PM
yea, it is slim pickin'. had to import.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.