Start on KH:DDD or Kid Icarus?

#1sinnistralPosted 1/20/2013 10:48:37 AM
I just beat Zelda:OoT, and I can't decide on which game to start on next. I never played any of the prequels or previous titles. Which has better story/gameplay? Can someone also give me an estimated time on how long it would take to beat them?

Thanks ^^
#2Carbuncle009Posted 1/20/2013 10:50:07 AM
Kid Icarus.

Chances are you won't follow KH's story too well.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 5 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#3Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 10:54:39 AM
Kid Icarus, get DDD after.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#4surferguy7Posted 1/20/2013 10:54:48 AM
You know, there's nothing wrong with playing through multiple games at the same time. It gives you a bit of variety during your play sessions.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#5kamikaze135Posted 1/20/2013 10:55:05 AM
KH has a better story, but KI has much better gameplay and a ton of replay value.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#6Bane_Of_DespairPosted 1/20/2013 10:58:38 AM
KH is better in both aspects but not for someone who's never played the series before. You'll still have a ton of fun with the gameplay but you'll probably get lost with the story. You should still play it though IMO.

Play Kid Icarus first and then KH because KH is much lengthier and has more to collect/train and such.
---
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"
#7Makeveli_livesPosted 1/20/2013 1:35:56 PM
sinnistral posted...
I just beat Zelda:OoT, and I can't decide on which game to start on next. I never played any of the prequels or previous titles. Which has better story/gameplay? Can someone also give me an estimated time on how long it would take to beat them?

Thanks ^^

Never played a kingdom hearts? Dude you are going to be do damn lost in terms of the story. That's like reading a summary for 4 seasons of a show and them jumping in to watch season 5. Sure you may get the gist of it but still...

That being said, kid Icarus is the one you should play
#8godslayer61Posted 1/20/2013 1:49:41 PM
Bane_Of_Despair posted...
KH is better in both aspects but not for someone who's never played the series before. You'll still have a ton of fun with the gameplay but you'll probably get lost with the story. You should still play it though IMO.

Play Kid Icarus first and then KH because KH is much lengthier and has more to collect/train and such.

is it worth getteing kingdom hearts if u only played cosole versions on ps2-im in it for story so if its messed then i will pass and could some one give me a order and name of all the kingdom hearts games out there.Im thinking about starting the series
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#9sinnistral(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 1:54:54 PM
Well I decided to start with KI and it is a lot of fun. Still getting use to the controls and how the game works. I picked up KH because it was only $20. It wouldn't be possible to maybe read the story on the wiki or something?
#10Carbuncle009Posted 1/20/2013 2:02:11 PM
sinnistral posted...
Well I decided to start with KI and it is a lot of fun. Still getting use to the controls and how the game works. I picked up KH because it was only $20. It wouldn't be possible to maybe read the story on the wiki or something?

There is the KH Info Block...
The game itself has little summaries of the previous games, but you miss the character building the games have within them.
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 5 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw