Entitlement is awesome

#21kdiz4321Posted 1/20/2013 8:48:33 PM
I can see the issue from both sides. On one hand if you're playing a demo more than 30 times then you might as well buy the game to get the full experience. Really, the demo shouldn't be more than a 30 minute sample of the product so why bother going through it so many times. On the other hand it's just a 30 minute sample so why should the company bother putting the limits in the first place. There aren't many people who are going to not buy the final product because they can just play the demo over and over again, so adding that limit serves no purpose than to make the company look like a giant douche.

And since I'm making an arbitrary decision between the company and the customer I'm going to have to side with the customer, being one myself. Besides, these corporations have people on call to defend them.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#22Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:48:39 PM
ceedofevil posted...
To be honest Vyers I was just mocking your topic.

Oh, kay. To be honest, I've seen people get downright angry at people feeling entitled, so it 's difficult to tell the difference.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
(one of the) Latest YouTube uploads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCQxHyo0UQ - Pokemon Snap, Part 1
#23so64Posted 1/20/2013 8:50:04 PM
Vyers posted...
so64 posted...
May I question something Vyers? Why do you think it is necessarily a wrong thing to defend big business?

When it doesn't impede on the business' consumers? It's certainly not wrong. However, the business is less important to me than it is to get the consumers what they want. And unlimited demos are a reasonable want because it's merely them asking for the same things everyone else has available.
Do not get me wrong, I am not calling those that want unlimited demos unreasonable. But I am afraid I do question some of the rationality behind some of the complaints. Then again, I also question the debate between those who are not really affected by the limits and those who are probably merely inconvenienced by them. I mean, it seems like those who are inconvenienced by them are making a mountain out of an anthill to be honest while those who are arguing for demos seem to be resorting to defamation of character based arguments against those who want the limits removed. All in all, no one is in the right...from where I sit.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com What is love?...Baby don't hurt me no more...3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#24iMURDAuPosted 1/20/2013 8:50:37 PM
Entitlement is an emotion that children have.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#25LOLRIFANPosted 1/20/2013 8:53:14 PM
it's also entitlement that leads companies to not care what there costumers think.
defend a big business all you want i guarantee you they'll NEVER return the favor.
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#26Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:54:02 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Vyers posted...
Yeah, because acting like I'm entitled to unlimited demos for 3DS, when I have this on PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, VITA, and PC, is "act[ing" like [I am] entitled to anything". You've basically reposted the "I'm entitled to one million dollars" post.

Additionally, you seem pretty upset in this situation. Strange how you don't look at the many, many people who accuse people of being entitled in order to devalue their argument or stance. Someone asks for unlimited demos, they're entitled. Someone asks for more originality in a game, they're entitled. Someone asks for difficulty modes, they're entitled. I have seen this and more. I am a minority, of people who wear my entitlement on my sleeves, regardless of how many people think expecting something very basic is a bad thing. If you want to join in on the entitlement shaming, then go right ahead. But don't act like you're above anything, considering how you've clearly taken a side, and clearly only care about a poor response coming from the opposite side of that which you occupy.

Nah, not upset t all. I just am a violent person. =D
I also implied it was irrational of me to feel that way about something so petty.

Now if you were walking down the street and expected me to get out of your way or something, I might actually try something. I'd deliberately stand in your way, and then move to hinder your progress depending.
You make some valid points, but our assumptions about me and my state of mind are way off track.
My whole point is that if you act that way to me, and I feel justified, I will stand in your way.
You are kinda right about the demo limits, though.
I still wanna smack you for the way you come off.

If you'd started by saying something to the effect of (and I am quoting your words here) "unlimited demos have been a part of my life for decades." Bam, then you don't sound like a condescending prick.

Presentation is the key, Vyers. I just like teaching people who feel it is their right to come off as a condescending jerk a lesson in humility. In that way, I would go so far as to say that I am entitled to teach them a lesson.

See?

I understand humility. However, I do not feel like being humble in a situation, in this industry especially, where having a feeling of entitlement is something that people will actually criticize, insult, and deride you for. Posts like:

"How is this god damned stupid ass topic even still alive? There are freaks of nature that play a demo more than twice?! Is there even a point?!"

Posts like that are what create this lack of humility. The only people who should take offense to the lack of humility are the people who intend to target those who act entitled.
---
(one of the) Latest YouTube uploads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCQxHyo0UQ - Pokemon Snap, Part 1
#27Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:55:16 PM
iMURDAu posted...
Entitlement is an emotion that children have.

Every emotion is an emotion that children have. Good to know that you have stripped your mind of all emotions so that you do not come off as childish.

To be human is to be entitled. If you think that you are not one of those, then you're just lying to yourself.
---
#28Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 8:59:18 PM
LOLRIFAN posted...
it's also entitlement that leads companies to not care what there costumers think.
defend a big business all you want i guarantee you they'll NEVER return the favor.

True enough but really entitled adults is pretty much an issue at hand with the whole "The Customer is always right" mentality that needs to be examined a bit better so we don't have people flipping out at workers for messing up a hamburger by putting pickles on it when asked not to.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#29Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:02:42 PM
Baha05 posted...
LOLRIFAN posted...

True enough but really entitled adults is pretty much an issue at hand with the whole "The Customer is always right" mentality that needs to be examined a bit better so we don't have people flipping out at workers for messing up a hamburger by putting pickles on it when asked not to.

That has nothing to do with expecting Nintendo to reach the standards of every single competitor. Connecting entitlement with people becoming irrationally upset is another fantastic example of people branding anyone who feels entitled as bad.
---
#30TinyTim123Posted 1/20/2013 9:04:54 PM
Vyers posted...
I understand humility. However, I do not feel like being humble in a situation, in this industry especially, where having a feeling of entitlement is something that people will actually criticize, insult, and deride you for. Posts like:

"How is this god damned stupid ass topic even still alive? There are freaks of nature that play a demo more than twice?! Is there even a point?!"

Posts like that are what create this lack of humility. The only people who should take offense to the lack of humility are the people who intend to target those who act entitled.

You don't have to be humble, just don't be a dick. I'm humble sometimes, and then there are times when I'm not. However it is very rare indeed when I barge in somewhere and say "I am ENTITLED to.." well anything. I mean, it could be oxygen or something, I don't know.

But that was how you came off in your first post. And like I said, I don't even disagree with your idea, unlimited demos has been something that has been established for quite some time.

When you come across as arrogant, pompous, and putting yourself forward as better than I (even when you are right), that's when I start to have an issue, and the dickish part of my nature decides I am going to be contrary and adversarial.
On the other hand, if you come across as reasonable, then I probably won't have a knee jerk reaction and want to smack you upside the head with a nail bat. I may not agree with you, but it is much easier to approach the subject in a reasonable manner.

For me, I pretty much have the demos on my system. A lot of them I haven't even unwrapped. The only demo I have played personally is the Resident Evil Revelations demo. I then bought it later that week. I still don't see why they aren't unlimited. It just doesn't affect me personally, but it just makes sense.
---
Official Carpenter of the Wooden 2"x4" board. http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/