Entitlement is awesome

#31so64Posted 1/20/2013 9:06:47 PM
iMURDAu posted...
Entitlement is an emotion that children have.

I disagree, sir. Entitlement is an emotion that all people, from 9 to 99, feel. Yet, there is a time when entitlement is called for--when it can lead to better things for instance-- and when it is not necessarily required and can lead to dysfunction. I must question however the anger that some feel towards Nintendo's decision on demos and wonder if it is truly warranted.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com What is love?...Baby don't hurt me no more...3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#32Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 9:08:51 PM
Vyers posted...
That has nothing to do with expecting Nintendo to reach the standards of every single competitor. Connecting entitlement with people becoming irrationally upset is another fantastic example of people branding anyone who feels entitled as bad.

It has everything to do with it though because people are now assuming things should be done a certain way. Different businesses in the same fields tend to have different methods. People that tend to admit to feeling entitled to things forget that in some cases things are approached different ways for a number of reasons and more often then not those that are claiming entitlement expect people to bend over to said entitlement.

In reality not every little issue is even going to get your entitled to much in the first place.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#33Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:12:24 PM
Again, Tim, we're not going to see eye to eye because you don't seem to understand that this situation exists because of the attitude on the opposing side, not my side. The cause and effect of my attitude comes from people accusing anyone of entitlement if they dare to criticize something that they like.

The limit on demos, so64, is related to the general criticism toward Nintendo for their poor handling of certain things.

Worse prices than competitors
Wishy-washy eShop updates, both in terms of sticking to release dates and keeping releases consistently good
Limited demos
Games linked to console, even though there exists a site that catalogs your purchases
Price drops are very nearly nonexistent
etc.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
(one of the) Latest YouTube uploads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCQxHyo0UQ - Pokemon Snap, Part 1
#34so64Posted 1/20/2013 9:20:11 PM
Hmm...Well this is a question I have to ask then: If everything else were fixed except limited demos, would people complain about them at the current frequency?
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com What is love?...Baby don't hurt me no more...3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#35Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:24:24 PM
Probably not because the atmosphere would be better; however, if no one complains about something at all, then things won't get better.
---
(one of the) Latest YouTube uploads: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCQxHyo0UQ - Pokemon Snap, Part 1
#36Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 9:26:33 PM
Vyers posted...
Probably not because the atmosphere would be better; however, if no one complains about something at all, then things won't get better.

Then maybe complain to the actual CS then? Besides even with complaints there is a scale depending on the issue to where just claiming entitlement makes you look like one of those customers that do nothing but complain about all the little things.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#37Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:33:27 PM
Baha05 posted...
Vyers posted...

Then maybe complain to the actual CS then? Besides even with complaints there is a scale depending on the issue to where just claiming entitlement makes you look like one of those customers that do nothing but complain about all the little things.

I don't understand why people say this. The people on customer service have no say in this; however, complaining on a forum may eventually be noticed, not by the company, but perhaps more powerful voices in the industry who could eventually influence the powers that be into making changes. It's a process that comes to a halt if you expect the customer service people to fix the problem.

I am claiming entitlement because not doing so is lying. Of course I'm entitled to unlimited demos. Hell, Nintendo used to do unlimited demos in the first place with the DS downloadable demos. They created an expecation.
---
#38Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 9:37:33 PM
Vyers posted...
I don't understand why people say this. The people on customer service have no say in this; however, complaining on a forum may eventually be noticed, not by the company, but perhaps more powerful voices in the industry who could eventually influence the powers that be into making changes. It's a process that comes to a halt if you expect the customer service people to fix the problem.

I am claiming entitlement because not doing so is lying. Of course I'm entitled to unlimited demos. Hell, Nintendo used to do unlimited demos in the first place with the DS downloadable demos. They created an expecation.

Because enough complaints to CS could be seen as a more internal issue that higher ups might want to solve?

And yeah you are entitled to what you believe you are entitled too but in the end it's really up to the place of business if they feel your entitlement is worth it.
---
#39Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:42:10 PM
Baha05 posted...
Vyers posted...

Because enough complaints to CS could be seen as a more internal issue that higher ups might want to solve?

And yeah you are entitled to what you believe you are entitled too but in the end it's really up to the place of business if they feel your entitlement is worth it.

What you describe is a movement of many people to voice their complaints to the company - a far less effective method than a single person, by him or herself, making a point of spreading their stance on an issue to others and getting them to spread it further. Confining it to a file cabinet is just a wee bit more limiting than confining it to the Internet.
---
Latest YouTube upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCQxHyo0UQ Pokemon Snap, Part 1
#40Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 9:46:57 PM
Vyers posted...
What you describe is a movement of many people to voice their complaints to the company - a far less effective method than a single person, by him or herself, making a point of spreading their stance on an issue to others and getting them to spread it further. Confining it to a file cabinet is just a wee bit more limiting than confining it to the Internet.

Except that enough people complaining is far more effective. Because unless that one person has millions agreeing to his issue, then chances are that a company will be far more incline to hear complaints in CS then one guy feeling entitled to demos.
---