Entitlement is awesome

#41LOLRIFANPosted 1/20/2013 10:47:16 PM
constumer service isn't gonna listen to you complain unless it's a hardware software issuse which demoes aren't in other words they only care if your systems breaks through no fault of your own.

fan outcry does work this has been proven several times.
because one person complaining to cs=/=millions complaining on a forum(well in this case it's more like 10 people but you get the point)
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#42VideoGamer1990Posted 1/20/2013 10:47:47 PM
You know, I never seen this asked once, so I'll ask? After playing all 30 times, would you be able to just delete the demo and re-download it to be able to play 30 times again? If so, wouldn't that technically count as unlimited?
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 49
#43aamotPosted 1/20/2013 10:48:35 PM
First-world... solutions? ~. _ .\
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#44TinyTim123Posted 1/20/2013 10:48:45 PM
Vyers posted...
Again, Tim, we're not going to see eye to eye because you don't seem to understand that this situation exists because of the attitude on the opposing side, not my side. The cause and effect of my attitude comes from people accusing anyone of entitlement if they dare to criticize something that they like.

Not coming off like a jerk no. As I said before, if you present yourself in a reasonable manner, my first reaction isn't to jump down your throat. Nintendo isn't being a bunch of pompous jerks. Your first post, however, kinda was. I agree that I would like for Nintendo to have some sort of account based system so that you are not at their mercy when it comes to digital content. While it doesn't affect me, it makes sense for demos not to have limits.
On the other hand, Nintendo has some pretty darn good warranty service. I have almost always been taken care of with Warranty and out of warranty service, and even the time where I didn't feel quite as well taken care of, it also didn't feel like they were trying to shaft me.
It's not like with Sony and my Vita, where my system got bricked trying to update over dial up through content manager on my computer... because there was no broadband presence where I lived at the time, and they send it back to me without it being updated. This is AFTER they told me to update it over dial up. Kinda a dick move.
Or when Microsoft replaced my 360, but since downloads were tied to the system back then, when I asked how to get my paid for content back, they told me just to sign on to XBox live any time I wanted to use any of it... despite same thing, no such thing as broadband in my town. But they did send me a free month of XBox live gold... with a 30 day expiration on it. So you know, kinda like rubbing it in.

So like I said, if you sound more like an everyman, I won't want to hit you. If you sound like a prick, I want to hit you. Simple, no?

Furthermore, as you have presented a reasonable argument, I don't feel like hitting you. I do feel like furthering the debate.

In short, it is the attitude that you present that gives me a gut reaction. You may be right, but if you're gonna be an ass about it, I want to kick that ass.
You only get to be an ass after you've publicly exhausted all other reasonable means.
---
Official Carpenter of the Wooden 2"x4" board. http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#45TinyTim123Posted 1/20/2013 10:52:18 PM
VideoGamer1990 posted...
You know, I never seen this asked once, so I'll ask? After playing all 30 times, would you be able to just delete the demo and re-download it to be able to play 30 times again? If so, wouldn't that technically count as unlimited?

No, doesn't work that way. ike everything else, it's tracked through the system. So, for example, I could delete whatever demos have been played off my system, and the redownload it, but it would have however many uses left as it did before I redowned it. =\ Which makes sense, 'cause after trying once and realizing the futility of it, one won't stress the Nintendo servers by constantly redownloading the demos, I guess?
Naturally that could be alleviated by allowing for unlimited use.
---
Official Carpenter of the Wooden 2"x4" board. http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#46so64Posted 1/20/2013 10:53:27 PM
VideoGamer1990 posted...

No. The demos do not work that way. You have to reformat your system in order to replay a demo.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com What is love?...Baby don't hurt me no more...3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#47VideoGamer1990Posted 1/20/2013 11:00:54 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
VideoGamer1990 posted...

No, doesn't work that way. ike everything else, it's tracked through the system.

Figured if not then that was the reason. Still, I don't really see it as that big of a deal, especially since the demos don't work out like the really old demos where you could play only for a little bit, then get kicked back to the main menu then having to choose the demo again to go back to playing it again. That would've been a different story.
---
Not changing this sig until Breath of Fire VI gets announced.
Breath of Fire needs to stop resting and start waking up. People who agree: 49
#48TinyTim123Posted 1/20/2013 11:10:33 PM
VideoGamer1990 posted...
Figured if not then that was the reason. Still, I don't really see it as that big of a deal, especially since the demos don't work out like the really old demos where you could play only for a little bit, then get kicked back to the main menu then having to choose the demo again to go back to playing it again. That would've been a different story.

Yeah. That's not even the debate. Like I said it doesn't affect me, but it does seem silly and more importantly backwards to limit the demos. Also contrary to what has been done for the last decade and a half.
The main point is the word 'entitlement', and how it's used.
=D
---
#49RazieruPosted 1/20/2013 11:24:40 PM
Entitlement is the medium between simply having standards or being a naive little drone who'll eat up anything "socially accepted" no matter how half-assed it is topped with **** icing.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#50Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 11:30:18 PM
Razieru posted...
Entitlement is the medium between simply having standards or being a naive little drone who'll eat up anything "socially accepted" no matter how half-assed it is topped with **** icing.

Not really though, hell most of the time Entitlement is just used more so to ***** and get free stuff because of obscure standards then anything.

It's kinda like this scene in the movie Waiting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1KU8sqh_4

Where this woman is WAY too entitled to the point to where a customer ends up being just a total ***** instead of knowing when something is worth raising hell over or not.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich