Entitlement is awesome

#51so64Posted 1/20/2013 11:34:37 PM
Razieru posted...
Entitlement is the medium between simply having standards or being a naive little drone who'll eat up anything "socially accepted" no matter how half-assed it is topped with **** icing.
Somehow, I do not think this is true. Entitlement, like desire or pleasure, should always be in moderation
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com What is love?...Baby don't hurt me no more...3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#52CrimsonRoyalPosted 1/20/2013 11:35:56 PM
Razieru posted...
Entitlement is the medium between simply having standards or being a naive little drone who'll eat up anything "socially accepted" no matter how half-assed it is topped with **** icing.
#53TinyTim123Posted 1/20/2013 11:39:32 PM
so64 posted...
Razieru posted...
Somehow, I do not think this is true. Entitlement, like desire or pleasure, should always be in moderation

I think it just comes down to "don't be a dick about it" with the caveat of "unless the other dude is a douche first" with an "and even then only if it can be proved that you are being a dick for damn good reasons".
I am entitled to my 4.0 gpa, and I am entitled to it because I busted my ass to earn it, did all the extra credit, stuff like that. That doesn't mean I go to all of my professors and demand they give me an 'A' in all of their classes.
But that is almost never how the word is used on here, the gamefaqs forums. One can be entitled and not a dick.
---
Official Carpenter of the Wooden 2"x4" board. http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#54Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 11:44:55 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
I think it just comes down to "don't be a dick about it" with the caveat of "unless the other dude is a douche first" with an "and even then only if it can be proved that you are being a dick for damn good reasons".
I am entitled to my 4.0 gpa, and I am entitled to it because I busted my ass to earn it, did all the extra credit, stuff like that. That doesn't mean I go to all of my professors and demand they give me an 'A' in all of their classes.
But that is almost never how the word is used on here, the gamefaqs forums. One can be entitled and not a dick.

Pretty much, I mean one time at Wendy's they didn't give me all of my order and I was with my sister and she noticed it before we left town so I had to drive back. I was entitled to something (and they offered a free frosty) but I declined because it wasn't that far of a drive and honestly these things will happen.

Other times I've seen a lady ***** about service and Taco Bell for screwing up an order once.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#55RazieruPosted 1/20/2013 11:55:25 PM
Baha, do me a favor and ***** your narcissistic complex to someone who cares, or at least not to me.

No one is going to adopt your "logic", so stop trying to force it on people. It is boring me heavily.

Let people continue to mess up your orders, continue to be way too modest, and take things in dire stride. Others will just laugh with much bigger backbones.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#56Baha05Posted 1/20/2013 11:58:58 PM
Razieru posted...
Baha, do me a favor and ***** your narcissistic complex to someone who cares, or at least not to me.

No one is going to adopt your "logic", so stop trying to force it on people. It is boring me heavily.

Let people continue to mess up your orders, continue to be way too modest, and take things in dire stride. Others will just laugh with much bigger backbones.

Yes because one screw up really deserves to be yelling at a person doesn't it? This is why customers aren't always right.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#57TinyTim123Posted 1/21/2013 12:23:21 AM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
Razieru posted...

Yes because one screw up really deserves to be yelling at a person doesn't it? This is why customers aren't always right.

Whoa. No one said not to say anything about it. I mean, they offered Baha a Frosty, and he said "No thanks". No one said to put up with stuff when someone screws up. Clearly they realized someone had messed up and offered up something to make up for it. I don't see how that's... man, whatever point you're trying to make.
Now if I were to go in there screaming my damn fool head off then they're gonna call the cops on me (again).
On the other hand, if they would have said something like "Oh too bad, prove it," with an attitude or something, justification to start bein' a dick. Just sayin' whether you are right or not, if you start out by not being a jackass, things usually go more smoothly.
Of course if you'd like, the next time we meet in person, and you make an error, I'll just go ahead and stab you. I mean, it's only the right thing to do in that situation, right Razieru?
(Please note, I have no plans to stab anyone, including Razieru, any time soon.)
---
Official Carpenter of the Wooden 2"x4" board. http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#58Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 12:20:39 AM
I agree with that too Tim, I mean there are times you should be generally pissed at something like that, more so if the service is constantly bad or if they do nothing to solve the issue. Because it really makes a difference wen it's a once in a while thing versus a constant thing. And with the gaming industry things work a bit more different. You can be entitled to things but chances are they won't change unless enough people complain about it.

Though depending on the "issue" might be another story.
---
#59Gogo726Posted 1/21/2013 12:22:34 AM
I'm entitled to a night with Karen Gillian.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#60TinyTim123Posted 1/21/2013 12:24:44 AM
Gogo726 posted...
I'm entitled to a night with Karen Gillian.

=D

I very much WANT to be entitled to a lovely carnal evening with Olivia Wilde... I just don't think she sees it that way... yet. =D
---