Entitlement is awesome

#81TinyTim123Posted 1/21/2013 3:25:52 PM
iMURDAu posted...
Why aren't these people making 100+ post topics about the lack of an account system?

Vyers did, and it's another point that I agree with.
And while I can intellectually agree with his points, they do tend to be valid after all, when presented the way they were, I still want to headbutt people.

Like, I can't say Razieru is wrong, but I still want to stab him (or her) between the ribs for the way they are coming off. Not fatally, mind, just something to give a bit of a twinge the next time they want to start up with an "I am more entitled than you and those around you and you are SHEEEEEEEEP for not caring about this thing which is obviously a HUUUUUGE deal!" since, you know, I don't even use my demos once, much less all 30 or so times. I have them there for people who mess about wit my system to try.
As for accounts, I suppose no one remembers how when the XBox 360 came out it was both account AND system tied. So while the account system, and lack thereof, is annoying, it isn't unheard of.
---
Official Carpenter of the Wooden 2"x4" board. http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#82CrimsonRoyalPosted 1/21/2013 3:45:41 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Oddly, over something so seemingly minor, I still want to smack you in the face with a Thor hammer, TC.

Now if you were walking down the street and expected me to get out of your way or something, I might actually try something. I'd deliberately stand in your way, and then move to hinder your progress depending.

On the other hand, if you come across as reasonable, then I probably won't have a knee jerk reaction and want to smack you upside the head with a nail bat.

You may be right, but if you're gonna be an ass about it, I want to kick that ass.

Like, I can't say Razieru is wrong, but I still want to stab him (or her) between the ribs for the way they are coming off.

http://www.iywib.com/rick_perry_badass.jpg
#83siberian142Posted 1/21/2013 4:12:00 PM
iMURDAu posted...
"I deal with customers and you're right that a lot of them suck and aren't in the least bit right, but that doesn't really apply to the issue of demo limits. This is more like pointing out a silly flaw in the way a company handles things and wanting them to fix it. "

Have you read the topic? Did you read the other one? Nobody has pointed out flaws as much as crying about how they deserve unlimited demos because they feel entitled. If they were just pointing it out this topic wouldn't exist.

Why aren't these people making 100+ post topics about the lack of an account system? Or how stupid region locking is. I mean good lord the free stuff we have access to makes them more upset than not being able to purchase a game you want because of where you live or never being able to get your d/l titles back if something happens to your system.

They didn't have demos for DS, GBA, GBC, Virtual Boy, or GameBoy. Now that Nintendo offers demos on a handheld you feel entitled to unlimited plays. Well except for Razieru because he can't get demos on a system he doesn't own :)

And cue the line by line breakdown of my post by him while he claims I'm "arse-hurt" LOL. He is so easily angered I truly enjoyed Gamefaqs more this weekend than any other time in my life.

That was worded a bit poorly on my part. The argument against limited demos is that there's not much point to it and that Nintendo seems to be going against the norm for little reason. That is what I agree with, not people who feel they're entitled to unlimited demos simply because everyone but Nintendo offers that. I think it is a silly limitation that people should criticize as the flaw it is, as should the lack of an account system and region locking, but don't feel like I should be automatically be granted them as a right.
#84TinyTim123Posted 1/21/2013 4:34:07 PM(edited)
CrimsonRoyal posted...
http://www.iywib.com/rick_perry_badass.jpg

Haha, it's true. I'm just violent as I said before. I also don't actually have a Thor hammer or a nailbat. I also probably won't stab Razieru.
I will, however, definitely chase them with a broom. That's my go to move. It works against the cranky old people in Lens Crafters that are wielding canes like madmen.
Also, it's pretty humiliating getting swatted with a broom.

Also, you'll note that in every post I said the word want I know the difference between wanting to smack someone around and actually doing it. Just because I feel the urge to smack someone upside their damn fool head doesn't mean I'll do it physically.
Verbally, maybe. If it comes down to it, my broom is at the ready.
---
Official Carpenter of the Wooden 2"x4" board. http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#85TeamBelmont91Posted 1/21/2013 5:27:17 PM
Razieru posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
How do people get to be such doormats?

But, they devote their lives and pride themselves on such a position.

I find it absurd to sit around defending a business, especially since they would kill me if it meant increasing profit. I mean it's just insane.

Their one-track thinking and philosophies makes it impossible to compute such things.

To that guy who said he doesn't care about on disk DLC, if every person fought against it practices would change. Case in pont, SFxT.

You're wasting your time. Talking some sense and logic to a bunch of narcissists is like talking to 10 brick walls coated with steel. Only their almighty "logic" matters, and ours is moot and "entitled" horribly.

Lo, and on the seventh day, the almighty internet god birthed Raizeru, who, no matter how hard he shall backpedal, shall forever be doomed to have his jimmies rustled away whilst lamenting his own ruin throughout his self-caused eternal butthurt.

Seriously Raz, you're a bloody joke, y'know that?
---
Making yourself "The official _____ of the ___ board" isn't giving you any bonus points, bub. Stop kidding yourself.
#86Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 1:32:32 AM
TinyTim123 posted...
iMURDAu posted...
Why aren't these people making 100+ post topics about the lack of an account system?

Vyers did, and it's another point that I agree with.
And while I can intellectually agree with his points, they do tend to be valid after all, when presented the way they were, I still want to headbutt people.

Like, I can't say Razieru is wrong, but I still want to stab him (or her) between the ribs for the way they are coming off. Not fatally, mind, just something to give a bit of a twinge the next time they want to start up with an "I am more entitled than you and those around you and you are SHEEEEEEEEP for not caring about this thing which is obviously a HUUUUUGE deal!" since, you know, I don't even use my demos once, much less all 30 or so times. I have them there for people who mess about wit my system to try.
As for accounts, I suppose no one remembers how when the XBox 360 came out it was both account AND system tied. So while the account system, and lack thereof, is annoying, it isn't unheard of.

Again - as long as people are insitgating people to react this way, then I shall. If people want to stop attacking people for having a sense of entitlement, then I'll stop acting like an ass about it.

Also, we're comparing the foray into a digital store on consoles to Nintendo's third attempt at it?
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Latest YouTube upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YCQxHyo0UQ Pokemon Snap, Part 1