Thought my 3DS XL was flawless... then I saw a speck of dust in the screen -_-

#21teh1337gosuPosted 1/21/2013 6:00:51 PM
iammaxhailme posted...
Yeah, I thought mine was perfect, and then a pixel died a few months after I got it.

It's not a huge deal but it makes me sad :(

Are you sure it was a new dead pixel, that's much more rare than being made with a dead pixel.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#22thompsontalker7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 8:46:42 PM
Well, exchanging mine tomorrow. Noticed that the top screen has scratches on it before I even had a chance to put on a screen protector.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#23RocketZXbluePosted 1/21/2013 9:04:25 PM
i got mine and it creaks near where the Stylus holder is (3dsXL) and the screen is a little loose (tilts slightly back and forth despite being "locked" into place while playing it)
#24thompsontalker7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 8:49:16 AM
Transferring data now to my new 3DS

It's actually pretty nice as far as I can tell, no blemishes on the glass or dust underneath. Had a hard time trying to convince the Gamestop guy to let me exchange though, but he eventually gave in after I persisted.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#25stargazer64Posted 1/22/2013 9:05:23 AM
thompsontalker7 posted...
Seriously, it looks more like a splotch against the screen more than a speck, if I trade it in just over that I may get a unit that has a speck of dust in the 3D screen. Or faulty buttons. Or dust in both.

Already have some content on it too, how would I transfer it to a new unit if I exchanged it.

"Hey let me get another 3DS XL so I can transfer content, swear I'll bring the other one back"

Mine has this exact same problem. Only noticeable against a bright white background. It is kinda annoying.
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#26ChiefColePosted 1/22/2013 9:49:06 AM
OMG!!!!!!! Not a ..................speck of dust!!!!!!!!!!!