NSMB2 or Fire Emblem Awakening? (poll version)

#21LOLRIFANPosted 1/21/2013 9:54:32 AM
jedinat posted...
LOLRIFAN posted...
jedinat posted...
This is like comparing dog turd to mint n chip ice cream. Are you really considering eating the turd? Really? Are you 3?

no it's more like comparing a desert your slightly disapointed with to an excellent desert.
calling nsmb2 a dog turd is trolling.

Not sure what makes up an excellent desert... the fullness of the cacti? The prevalence of sand dunes?

nope the presence of a lost city/or temple.
but seriously i meant desert as in food(stupid god damn homonyms)
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#22Bahamut_10thPosted 1/21/2013 10:05:18 AM(edited)
GoldenSun3DS posted...
pbandjames posted...
Why do we need a poll?

To show the other guy just how horrible NSMB2 is in comparison to Fire Emblem Awakening. Not saying NSMB2 is horrible, just in comparison, it's like crackers (NSMB2) compared to pizza (FE:A).

If the opinion of angry internet gamers mattered the Wii would have sold like crap, no one would want one, just like 90% of the Mario games that not full 3D Marios, and the Gamecube would have been Nintendo's hottest stuff ever.
#23emagdnEPosted 1/21/2013 10:43:27 AM
neither

they're both twisted mockeries of once great franchises

plus, Awakening's chapter design is just as half-assed as NSMB2's, enemies are just thrown at you, they rush you, you slaughter them because Pair Up is overpowered, use Sorcerors with Nosferatu and you have immortal units, etc.
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#24chex81Posted 1/21/2013 10:45:41 AM
i own and beat nsmb2

i played the demo to FE:A, never played a FE game before

and based on this id still get FE:A
---
gt/psn: chex81
#25LOLRIFANPosted 1/21/2013 10:46:34 AM
emagdnE posted...
neither

they're both twisted mockeries of once great franchises

plus, Awakening's chapter design is just as half-assed as NSMB2's, enemies are just thrown at you, they rush you, you slaughter them because Pair Up is overpowered, use Sorcerors with Nosferatu and you have immortal units, etc.

too bad you don't have to use pair up or nosferatu,huh? endgame logic:whining about options that i choose to take.
---
#26king_darksPosted 1/21/2013 11:41:48 AM
Lord rifan@

Poor balance is not something to be downplayed at all. If I have to restrict my playing style so that the game remains fun there something wrong with it and should legitmately be criticized. Endgame is wrong but not for the reason you listed.
---
School days are back.
#27LOLRIFANPosted 1/21/2013 11:58:13 AM
king_darks posted...
Lord rifan@

Poor balance is not something to be downplayed at all. If I have to restrict my playing style so that the game remains fun there something wrong with it and should legitmately be criticized. Endgame is wrong but not for the reason you listed.

no really this is like complaining a game is too easy if you never played hard mode.

think about like this,even a game as b***s hard as dark souls has people doing challenge runs,if the game was already hard enough that'd be unnecessary,at least according to the logic your using.

i'm sick of hard games they constantly use that as a crutch for bad level design. what i mean most hard games are only fun as long as your still being challenged,in otherwords once you practice enough to get good at the level it loses replay value.

i'd rather play levels that are easy and fun because at least then it's not me getting a visceral being THE ONLY reason i enjoy a level.
---
#28Final Fantasy2389Posted 1/21/2013 12:00:39 PM
This isn't really accurate I feel as most people already have NSMB2 and would with out any doubt want Fire Emblem now.
---
Former WWE Diva & BJJ Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/LvtC2f | http://bit.ly/OgRng1
#29MrSpacelySlatePosted 1/21/2013 12:45:36 PM
Why would you even listed the literal incarnation of a cashed in rehash?

Fire Emblem wins, hands down. And I don't even like Fire Emblem.
#30Shadowman621Posted 1/21/2013 12:49:16 PM
It just depends on what genre you prefer. If you like Mario games and platforming in general, then go for NSMB2. If you like SRPG games like Final Fantasy tactics or strategies like Advance Wars, then go for Fire Emblem
---
Official Roof Fiddler and Maestro of the NDF
3DS FC: 0516-7288-9163 Handle: Brandon