Is there a way to register your 3DS after you've skipped that at the shop?

#1POOKISTANPosted 1/21/2013 12:37:08 AM
I really need a quick answer on this if possible. Just got a 3DS and I skipped the option to register it at the website then associate your account with your 3DS - I can't find an option to redo that and enter the username/password. Is that a one-time deal? Do I have to format the memory and just start over to do this?

I have a $20 card but I don't want to use it 'til I'm sure I have an account I can log into at a later date to redownload them if I ever have to replace the system...
#2SF_BahaPosted 1/21/2013 12:43:45 AM
Go to Club Nintendo (club.nintendo.com) and register your 3DS's serial number.
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.
#3POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:46:46 AM
Will it automatically associate anything I've downloaded with that system to my account?
#4jovewolfPosted 1/21/2013 12:59:08 AM(edited)
1) Connect to eShop
2) Go to Settings (way over on the left - you'll probably have to scroll a bit)
3) Open the "Club Nintendo Account" button
4) Follow directions and you'll be set.

*Note - this will require you to have already created a Club Nintendo account*

*Note 2 - this only automatically applies eShop purchases to your Club Nintendo coin total. This in no way guarantees you'll be able to redownload your purchases if something happens to your 3DS (though it will make your argument to Nintendo for reinstating your purchases more convincing)*

---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#5POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 1:12:57 AM
Okay, thanks. Pretty crappy there's no garuntees you can download your stuff over again if you have the account information. Anyone ever have to replace their 3DS and actually have them deny access to previously purchased content? I'm interested in hearing 'bout this before I put much money into it...
#6jovewolfPosted 1/21/2013 8:56:32 AM
If your old 3DS still works and you have access to it then transferring to a new 3DS is pretty painless and easy, but still requires both 3DS systems to be available and in working order (and an internet connection).

Transferring without the old 3DS available I haven't had experience with, though I have the case that if your 3DS is broken then sending it in for repair will sometimes result with a refurbished one that has all your old games. I have also heard stories where someone with a lost or stolen 3DS has been able to call and send in their new 3DS to have their purchases transferred, but I don't have a way of verifying that. At least none that I want to test for no reason.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."