Poll : Fire Emblem Awakening , Classic or Casual ?

#61DarthFloatyPosted 1/24/2013 9:20:45 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Actually, this topic reminds me of something I've always wondered.

Why doesn't FE have an Ironman mode? Basically you get one save file, can't restart maps, etc etc. When you get a game over, it is game over.

It'd fit perfectly with the Casual thing, too:

Casual (No permadeath)/Classic (Permadeath)/Ironman (Permadeath/No Restarts).

+1 I love this idea. You'd need balls of steel to win it!
#62Gogo726Posted 1/24/2013 10:05:37 PM
I'm not great at SRPG's. FFTA and Jeanne D'Arc were right at my skill level, though maybe even I found Jeanne D'Arc on the easy side. Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness? I rage quit that one!
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#63Blindsided20Posted 1/24/2013 10:30:32 PM
LunarRoar posted...
Someguy_13 posted...
LunarRoar posted...
I like how people say Classic and then go "but I'll reset if I lose anyone." I mean seriously, if that's the case, what's the point?

At any rate, Classic for me since FE would be kinda weird if characters didn't die. It's a series staple after all.

Casual means if someone dies, they come back next chapter.

Classic means that if someone dies they're gone for good, so deaths have more weight to them.

Restarting when a character dies doesn't defeat the point. Since the goal of any player should be to not lose anyone, doing so means you screwed up the chapter some how.

If anything, restarting when ANY character dies makes the game even harder since you can't just continue as normal and get your dead character back.

No it simply means you didn't think your actions through thoroughly enough and thus deserve to lose that character. Restarting when a character dies is the player equivalent of a child throwing a tantrum because they didn't get their way. Again I bring the question: What is the point of playing a difficulty if you're simply going to negate its purpose?

This works for sports games, as I am of the believe that if the CPU beats you in season...you take the loss and move on. Kinda iffy with it for a story game like this...

Losing a character permanently though means you have an incomplete game basically since not everyone lived to see your journey and as such its bittersweet.

I get the realism and that in a lot of RPGs, a character does die....but I don't really hold it against a player if they want to restart so they don't lose that character forever. I'd want to play with all characters living at first on a hard mode but in another playthrough I'd do what you suggest and see how that works.

As for me....I might do classic on hard as I am a glutton for punishment. I started on the hardest mode possible for SMT: Nocturne and went the true demon route so I can live with the frustration.
---
PSN: Blackspawn89
#64Boney00Posted 1/24/2013 10:47:46 PM
I'm a masochist so classic. I see a lot of restart chapters in my future.
---
PSN: Bones00 3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964
#65Bancario51Posted 1/24/2013 11:20:02 PM
classic and then I'll just leave them dead and laugh. Also if you think about it, it adds replay value to the game that way. Word.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#66PurificationPosted 1/25/2013 12:15:52 AM
REAL men restart the entire game when a character dies. If someone goes down, restarting the mission would defeat the purpose of perma-death. Now...if you go and erase your save file and restart the entire thing, that's what REAL men do.
---
The Judge, Jury, and Executioner
#67siberian142Posted 1/25/2013 1:07:04 AM
Classic. I want there to be a penalityfor allowing a character to die...

That penalty being a restart. Allowing a character to stay dead bugs me to no end. Plus, the RNG occasionally pulls out miracles for an enemy, allowing them to kill my character despite the odds being against them. I refuse to accept that when it happens.
#68DragonReborn97Posted 1/26/2013 11:05:50 AM
I shall play classic! Not sure on difficulty though, probably hard... Tried lunatic....
:O

.........And everyone died... The End
---
If it were up to me, I would rather ban guns. Then everybody would fight with swords. :D -Romulus-Prime