Tales of the Abyss worth $39.99?

#11JackalfoxPosted 1/21/2013 12:16:17 AM
SolidSnake2011- posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...
ACx7 posted...
There's nothing wrong with GameStop. They get the same new games as everyone else and usually have more in stock. If you don't want to fully support them just avoid buying used games.

But yes it's worth the full price.

I don't wanna buy any of their "new" games that have the factory sealed plastic broken and opened up

Then don't? Ask for one in the shrink wrap. Also you could tell if it was new or used by the Save Data.

They can delete it first then sell them

Someone's a bit paranoid. While I'm also not a fan of GameStop's recent trend of unwrapping new games, they don't replace new cartridges/discs with used ones. They could get in major trouble for that. Literally the only thing they do is take off the plastic wrap, that's it. No need to be so paranoid.
---
Now Playing - Resident Evil 6 (360)
#12SolidSnake2011-(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:19:49 AM
Jackalfox posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...
ACx7 posted...
There's nothing wrong with GameStop. They get the same new games as everyone else and usually have more in stock. If you don't want to fully support them just avoid buying used games.

But yes it's worth the full price.

I don't wanna buy any of their "new" games that have the factory sealed plastic broken and opened up

Then don't? Ask for one in the shrink wrap. Also you could tell if it was new or used by the Save Data.

They can delete it first then sell them

Someone's a bit paranoid. While I'm also not a fan of GameStop's recent trend of unwrapping new games, they don't replace new cartridges/discs with used ones. They could get in major trouble for that. Literally the only thing they do is take off the plastic wrap, that's it. No need to be so paranoid.

They take the new games out of the box then put it in their own game sleeve thingy. The last "new" game they sold me they didn't even give me the game box, only the sleeve.
#13OoSubaruoOPosted 1/21/2013 12:35:36 AM
Well duh, if they left the game in the box on the display, people could just walk in and steal the game. All you have to do is ask for a sealed copy of the game, how hard is this?

Jesus, people need to seriously stop jumping on the "I hate Gamestop" bandwagon, and use common sense.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#14nonexistingheroPosted 1/21/2013 1:09:14 AM
Problem is that Gamestop should be grabbing you new, sealed copies from the back without asking.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#15masa8munePosted 1/21/2013 1:54:45 AM
back to the topic heck yeah it's worth 39,99.
---
rumors about bleach getting cancelled,hope its just a rumor.
#16gunstarzPosted 1/21/2013 2:04:43 AM
Playing through it at the moment. It starts off a bit slowly, main character's a bit of an ass, but I'm warming to him.

Battle system's nice and fluid, 3D can take a bit of getting used to but it's fine once you're adjusted. Doesn't add much to the overall experience though.

FWIW I bought it full price the other week. I've put about 20 hours in so far and I can feel the game world finally opening up. Good game though, intriguing story, classic jRPG. Really scratched an itch for me.
---
MK3DS FC Pete: 2062-9237-0079
http://i.imgur.com/4rSnz.png | http://petemorley.me
#17Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/21/2013 3:34:19 AM
I noticed they charged me $39.99 after looking at my receipt. The closest target had it for $35.99 at their site but those f***ing idiots said it was the online price only. Also I don't wanna give the evil empire aka Gamestop my money. They have the game at $29.99 "new"

I imagine you have a very annoying voice.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#18Kaze_MemaryuPosted 1/21/2013 4:05:51 AM
No, not really. The potential wasted was already impressive with the PS2 version, but the 3DS version even went do far as to remove multiplayer, which would've been the last possible redeeming point of the game... or not.

Just look for something better - should't be too hard.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#19WOSpacesPosted 1/21/2013 4:19:57 AM
The game has quite a bit of content and is one of the better tales titles. I think it's worth fourth dollars.
---
3DS FC: 1977-0251-2593
PSN: READvacancy
#20OoSubaruoOPosted 1/21/2013 4:25:12 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Problem is that Gamestop should be grabbing you new, sealed copies from the back without asking.

Which they do, but some employees don't. Which is why you ask them nicely. Being a douche and going "Evil company aka Gamestop" is just childish bantering.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062