Confessions from eshop -bad games you admit to bought

#41TheGreatUnownPosted 1/21/2013 3:03:08 PM
Touch Solitaire
Mighty ***** force
Dark Void Zero
Cave Story (not actually bad, but not worth 10 bucks.)
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293
#42Human-BeanPosted 1/21/2013 3:10:12 PM
I bought Sakura Samurai, spent 7 hoping for a good game; I have only played the game for 45 minutes and I find it a chore, it's ridiculous how it doesn't save after each stage you complete. Another game I purchased was Annonymous Notes, the reviews for the first game were quite good so I tried this game, at first it was quite enjoyable but the lack of equipment and such was quite dissapointing, and how many enemies there are and the fact there is little incentive to battle them, the price does mitigate this lack of content. The third game that thought was a travesty is Bloons Tower Defence, the game is appalling for the asking price, it was a terrible port, the controls weren't optimised, the music was on loop and the level designs were really bland, I thought it would be decent given its premium price.
#43Koi_TenchiPosted 1/21/2013 4:14:38 PM
I tend to research even eshop games pretty extensively before buying them, so I can't say I've really been disappointed by many.

The worst one I own, IMO, is Xevious 3D and I probably wouldn't have even gotten that if it wasn't on Club Nintendo for points.

I also agree with the 2 or so posters who noted that Metroid 2, while not a bad game, feels incredibly meh and disappointing after playing newer games like Fusion.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#44JoeBudden42Posted 1/21/2013 4:42:16 PM
Mario Clock (I've played it for longer than I'd like to admit lol)
Mighty Switch Force (Meh)
Metroid 2 (Played it once, will never play again)
Xevious (Just too damn hard)
Excitebike (Played it once, will never play again)
Pro-Putt Domo (Free on Club Nintendo, completed in 15 minutes)

That's probably it.
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#45Spidey98Posted 1/21/2013 4:50:15 PM
elite forces: unit 77

i thought it was a fps
---
3DS FC: 1289-8698-7326
Black 2 FC: 0992-0446-4997
#46tav19Posted 1/21/2013 4:57:21 PM
As far as bad games go I regret getting VC title Sonic Triple Trouble and dsiware Castlevania clone Soul of Darkness. I also regret getting Tetris and Punch Out, though it's mainly because I got them shortly before they became available for "free" via CN....I could have used that money to get something else.
#47AkaneJonesPosted 1/21/2013 5:45:01 PM(edited)
What the hell is wrong with some of you people?

Cave Story <-- This shouldn't even be brought up in this topic
Mighty Switch Force <-- Neither should this, aside from some people here not liking speed run and wanting a longer game. But it was $6, cheepest Wayforward game on here. Why is this the one complained about atleased do it right and use Mighty Milky Way.
Sakura Samurai <-- Not something to mention either, It does get hard later though. Where you people expecting a Hack'n Slash or Punch Out level Boss only things? The game has hoards of minions for a reason. If it had more enemy variety I expect something worse than later level Lancers, those eat me for lunch forget the Ninja.
Dillon's Rolling Western <-- Only excuse for listing this is the $10 price, when the previous thing are cheeper. It only suffers from repetition.
Metroid II: Return of Samus <-- Really? I can see how no map throws people, but how many NES & GB games had maps. In many ways it's an improvement over Metroid. They couldn't start at Super Metroid, it took time to reach the innovations of the genre.
Castlevania: The Adventure <-- It was slow and sported ropes because Konami couldn't do stairs in GB memory space. If the speed had been normal the game would have come off as short. The alternative would been smaller sprites and no body like that option.
Mega man Dr. Wily's Revenge <-- It's again GB limitaions, why do you think they cut 2 Robot Masters. Ultimatly it lead to not just a port of MM NES series and the hybrid MM3/4 and MM4/5 that were MM3 & 4 GB. MM2 GB was badly handled though, but at leased it isn't MegaMan GameGear.
Kirby's Pinball Land <-- It's Pinball! if you didn't like any Pinball convert why'd you try it.
3D Classics Xevious <-- Not a bad game just evily hard if you are no good at Arcade shooters. Never could get anywhere in it even on the bossless Apple IIe port.
3D Classics Excitebike <-- It's Excitebike it had a stage builder on the NES. Oh forget it, it's not like it's a game for every one, it's still just a race game. You know they actually cloned the game back in the day.
Pyramids <-- It's not a bad puzzle game. It's just expensive when you look a iOS simillar games.
Sonic Triple Trouble <-- Grumble Grumble, stop crapping on Game Gear Sonics not named Blast, Labyrinth, & Drift.(Well I suppose Tail's Sky Patrol, but that wasn't an official western release)

Seriously do you expect retail level games for cheep on the eShop? Do you not understand the limitations games use to have back in the day? You can't get modern gaming conventions in NES & GB games. There are just some games that don't really qualify as "bad" games you admit to buying. Now Johnny Hotshot is the sort of thing, that would trick people, that should be worth mentioning here. Poor port like Earthworm Jim and Zenonia are also understandable welcome, not that the underlaying game is bad.
#48NyyarkPosted 1/21/2013 5:43:15 PM
Semi45a posted...
Post your most embarrassing confession on a game you bought and deeply regretted

I actually purchased Agetec's Break Tactics

edit: I blame the witch on the cover, and I got it day 1!

Why its bad: slow, clunky, repetitive, boring. no strategy. just pump one type of unit with high hp and damage, preferably ranged and you got it!

Me too, worst game ever purchased. I beat it with just the starting commander. You don't even need units!
#49PerseusRadPosted 1/21/2013 5:52:12 PM
Crimson Shroud.

Heard good things, but it just didn't go well with me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih5r0bg39-M&feature=plcp
#50aamotPosted 1/21/2013 5:57:09 PM
Mighty Milky Way. I kept hearing how awesome Mighty Flip Champs was, and figured the sequel would just be an improvement. I absolutely hated it lol.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."