Am I f***** if I bought a Nintendo DSi card instead of a 3DS one?

#1POOKISTANPosted 1/21/2013 1:22:40 AM
God dammit. Of course it's Game Stop related - Let's just start there. Some guy told me that the points cards really didn't matter - Any one of them would work on any system (IE I could use a points card that said DSi on a Wii and so on and so forth). Sooo, here I am with a DSi card that is apparently for the "DS1" (BTW, what the f*** does the "i" stand for? I didn't even know the original DS had an online shop and I figured the "i" just meant "internet").

What the f***... So on a scale of 1 to 10 how f***** am I? I suppose I'll call up these pricks tomorrow so they can dick me around...
#2CressDXXPosted 1/21/2013 1:28:33 AM
Go back and change it.
DSi stands for EYE. its called like that because it has a camera.
---
3DS FC: 4425-1804-8511
XBOX360 GT: CressDX
#3Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 1:28:45 AM
As long as you didn't already scratch the card you should be able to return it for an exchange. The 3DS uses specific cards and not the DSi ones.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#4PaperDolphinPosted 1/21/2013 1:29:18 AM
Just take it back to gamestop and tell them that they gave you flase information.
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#5PokeMasterPosted 1/21/2013 1:30:14 AM
Wtf, you guys still have seperate DSi/3DS cards?

I'm pretty sure the Nintendo point cards in Japan work across Wii, 3DS and DSi...
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#6Plasma EXEPosted 1/21/2013 1:30:15 AM
If you haven't scratched it yet, you should definitely try calling them and see if you can get your money back (you should be able to) as that is false advertising whether it was on accident or not. There's a card for DSi ware (for the DSi systems) and then a card that works for both Wii-U and Nintendo 3DS eshop.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#7OoSubaruoOPosted 1/21/2013 1:30:42 AM
Maybe next time, use Google yourself before buying these things.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#8POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 2:06:41 AM
I already scratched off the number - I only found out 'cuz the thing told me that it couldn't be redeemed. Funny thing was, it acknowledged it was a points card, it just blocked me from using it on there...

Yeah - They aren't going to buy that I didn't use it there. Also the kicker is that I was on a 30 minute break and called Game Stop because I thought they'd be knowledgable on the stuff but I bought it at Target. What a dumb f*** I was not assuming that the person that answered the phone wasn't mentally handicapped...

-_-

Yeah - I'll call Nintendo tomorrow. They should be able to see the code was not redeemed. They're gonna' have to earn that $20, even if they don't exchange it for a 3DS card if ya' know what I mean...
#9ferofaxPosted 1/21/2013 2:37:38 AM
You could try that, but for all intents and purposes, I'd say you're f****d.

If you asked for a 3DS eShop card and Gamestop gave you this instead, they are at fault so you could definitely argue that either they return your money or give you an eShop card.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#10stoney2005Posted 1/21/2013 4:46:47 AM
go in there with the card and your 3DS and show them it doesnt work. Then calmly explain your case.. dont be a dick or you can probably forget your money or an exchange.
---
Hmm a flag with the peace symbol on it. Your militant dictatorship can't have that, now can it Mario?