Am I f***** if I bought a Nintendo DSi card instead of a 3DS one?

#11elsmittyPosted 1/21/2013 3:51:48 AM
stoney2005 posted...
go in there with the card and your 3DS and show them it doesnt work. Then calmly explain your case.. dont be a dick or you can probably forget your money or an exchange.

This is probably your best option.
---
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
#12queirotacobellPosted 1/21/2013 4:42:00 AM
stoney2005 posted...
go in there with the card and your 3DS and show them it doesnt work. Then calmly explain your case.. dont be a dick or you can probably forget your money or an exchange.

how is he going to redeem the code at the store if there is no internet connection?
---
Nah hidden stuffs are still in games these days...
you just have to pay for them. Capcom calls them DLC.
#13Rizaadon007Posted 1/21/2013 6:47:40 AM
queirotacobell posted...
stoney2005 posted...

how is he going to redeem the code at the store if there is no internet connection?

I've heard some smart phones can act as hotspots for internet.
---
"Welcome to the Velvet Monorail! This place resides between Dream and Universal Studios!" -Cantido on how the Velvet Room changes from game to game.
#14ilikepie641Posted 1/21/2013 6:56:46 AM
Rizaadon007 posted...
queirotacobell posted...
stoney2005 posted...

I've heard some smart phones can act as hotspots for internet.

Android phones either have this option by default but you usually have to pay for it.... or if you're rooted you can download a tethering app and do it for free
iphones must be jailbroken and just download the app from cydia
#15ilikepie641Posted 1/21/2013 6:59:40 AM
queirotacobell posted...
stoney2005 posted...

He could take a video of him redeeming it then driving to gamestop...
or hope your mall has free wifi that doesnt suck
#16ilikepie641Posted 1/21/2013 7:05:58 AM
POOKISTAN posted...
God dammit. Of course it's Game Stop related - Let's just start there. Some guy told me that the points cards really didn't matter - Any one of them would work on any system (IE I could use a points card that said DSi on a Wii and so on and so forth). Sooo, here I am with a DSi card that is apparently for the "DS1" (BTW, what the f*** does the "i" stand for? I didn't even know the original DS had an online shop and I figured the "i" just meant "internet").

What the f***... So on a scale of 1 to 10 how f***** am I? I suppose I'll call up these pricks tomorrow so they can dick me around...

Nintendo ds (phat)- plays ds games, gba games, has picto chat, and can download / muti card play
Nintendo ds lite - hardware redesign
Nintendo dsi - Cameras, can play music, picto chat, plays ds games, has an sd card, internet browser, and can download titles with points through the dsi shop
Nintendo dsi xl - rededign of the hardware at a larger scale
Nintendo 3ds - the thing you might have
Nintendo 3ds xl - hardware redesign at a larger scale - the thing you might have

Alright we good?
if you own a dsi you can redeem the points on there and then system transfer the titles from there to your 3ds... but youll be limited to dsiware titles....
or you can just use the points on a wii
#17JoeHigashi2000Posted 1/21/2013 8:35:40 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Maybe next time, use Google yourself before buying these things.

---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
#18Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 1/21/2013 8:59:01 AM
JoeHigashi2000 posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
Maybe next time, use Google yourself before buying these things.

Thats not cool man, u guys are implying he didnt do research.

He ASKED an EMPLOYEE working at a GAME STORE, what more should he have had to do?
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#19gray_fox_00Posted 1/21/2013 9:11:56 AM
Other companies have points cards that work across all of their systems, so when an employee of a game store tells him that this particular one will work for his 3DS it doesn't really seem that far fetched.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#20CrybabyloverPosted 1/21/2013 9:55:04 AM
If worst comes to worst, call Nintendo.

I did the same thing when I first got my 3DS near the price drop and they screwed me over. Just call Nintendo, tell them your situation, and I think they'll fix it up for you.

They asked me for the code, the serial of the card, the serial of my 3DS, and also asked me to scan the card for them. They very kindly exchanged the money from the DSi card to my 3DS. Nintendo's amazing.
---
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
[3DS FC: 1289-8445-3650] | [NNID: xShiga] | [PSN: Shiga2714] | [Steam: xxshigaxx]