The Legend of Zelda or Mario?

#1LLL_DeadlyPosted 1/21/2013 8:13:12 AM
topic - Results (25 votes)
The Legend of Zelda
72% (18 votes)
Mario
28% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just interested in the general popularity of both series on this board, I guess.
---
Currently playing - Xillia 2, KH 3D, Persona 3
#2AnclationPosted 1/21/2013 8:19:04 AM
Zelda is easily my all time favorite game series, Mario is either my 2nd or 3rd favorite Nintendo series. So yeah, Zelda definitely gets my vote.
#3EmpirorPosted 1/21/2013 8:20:10 AM
Grew up with Zelda more than I did with Mario (though I have played quite a few mario games)

So Zelda wins
---
Pokemon Black fc-5243 1202 3802 Megaman Rj fc:2493 5945 5724 Yugioh 2010 4383 3896 9610
http://stevenjobs101.wordpress.com/<---visit my blog :u!
#4LOLRIFANPosted 1/21/2013 8:23:34 AM
mario only because recent zelda games were too different from what the series is known for.
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84
#5LLL_Deadly(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 8:24:46 AM
LOLRIFAN posted...
mario only because recent zelda games were too different from what the series is known for.

Out of interest, what do you think the series is known for? Because it dropped the whole 'no hand-holding, only exploration' act way back in 1998. Could be something else you're thinking of, though.
---
Currently playing - Xillia 2, KH 3D, Persona 3
#6SuperMario1998Posted 1/21/2013 8:29:26 AM
Gotta say mario, though I love both.
---
If you have 4 pencils and 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.
#7LOLRIFANPosted 1/21/2013 8:40:06 AM
actually according to others the 3d zelda have more hand holding(i highly disagree but just pointing it out)
funny you should mention exploration as that's my main problem with ww,ph,st,and ss(other then the last three having iffy controls)

they made exploration worse by giving you less real estate to explore(thanks to being on an invisible lease...)

honestly i don't mind the idea of unique game gimmicks,but putting in gimmicks that hurt exploration really seems silly.
like i've said many times minish cap did this right,the overall gameplay gimmick not only didn't hinder exploration it made it better.

the only zelda games i dislike are those 4 aol and four swords(the gba game)
and asside from the last two games i don't hate any of them. (fs i felt had boring single player,unlike four swords adventure which was fun even if you played it alone aol i didn't like not because of the difficulty,are the rpg elements but rather that once you grind to max level the game is no longer fun,imo)

of course if you like any of those games fine,just as long as you don't claim there better "zelda" games then it doesn't bother me.
---
I am a furry AND PROUD to admit it.
Also guess what I AM SMASHKING84