I'm sure this has been asked before, but why do demos have Iimited uses?

#1poptarts22Posted 1/21/2013 1:11:03 PM
Is it so younger gamers with no income can't just fill their 3DS with demos and get their fix by replaying them over and over without actually purchasing the full game? Because this type of behavior has NEVER happened before on other systems. It honestly takes 30 replays at LEAST to really get a feel for the game to know if I want to buy the full version, I swear.
#2Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 1:12:17 PM
/Parody Topic lol

If serious again it boils down to the idea that if one uses up the limits ad enjoyed the demo they might be more inclined to buy the full version.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#3poptarts22(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 1:14:29 PM
Baha05 posted...
/Parody Topic lol

If serious again it boils down to the idea that if one uses up the limits ad enjoyed the demo they might be more inclined to buy the full version.

I agree. I completely support implementing limited uses on demos. It really only takes 1 or 2 play-throughs to get an idea of what the game is like.
#4Baha05Posted 1/21/2013 1:17:51 PM
Well I only partiall agree on the concept but only when they use actual 30 uses. I can see some would have issues with it but again it's not that big of a problem in the long run, again I can think of better things to complain about for this system then a limit on something most people might play like 3 times at best.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich
#5CronoDynePosted 1/21/2013 1:57:19 PM
Yeah! Don't you dare over play that Fire Emblem demo either, else you're stealing from developers by not buying their currently non existent games! *rolls eyes*

If you honestly believe people are doing nothing but playing 15 minute demos over and over instead of buying the real game when they can then you're absolutely delusional. The point of replaying a demo is to tide you over until you can get the full game. If some younger gamer is only playing the demo, then he clearly doesn't have the money to get the game, which clearly means the game would not have a sale regardless. And when he does get money, what does he do? Why, buy the actual game so the 15 minutes he's been enjoying turns into 15 hours! I guess this will be a common phrase I'll be saying on this board; please THINK before posting.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.