So 3DS will pretty much be System of the Year at this point.

#41Semi45aPosted 1/22/2013 12:10:55 AM
Really? I was thinking the Durango might be...
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#42RazieruPosted 1/22/2013 12:26:39 AM(edited)
Sakurafanboy posted...
-Fire Emblem: Awakening

overhyped and overrated game (fanboy delight ultimate)

-Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

watered and dumbed down version of the console experience (yay for more ports/remakes?)

-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

ANOTHER forgettable Pokemon spin off game; 'nuff said

-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

crappy sequel to a crappy and forgettable Game Cube game from a franchise people now want to recollect

-Project X Zone

eh, honestly haven't been following this; not interesting enough

-Pokemon X
-Pokemon Y

yay, more stale and stagnant milking from the ancient Pokemon franchise with even more archaic ideas, mechanics, and Pokemon; more of the same dry bones decade+ worth of crap; visuals are a sub-par mess of low grade/budget 3D

-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

do the characters even animate their mouths in this game; and it comes from an abysmal series - woo hoo?

-Animal Crossing: New Leaf

more overrated fan service because....sims games are in now?

-Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney (RUMORED)

yay, more mundane genres of games people blindly praise; what's the appeal of these games again? OBJECTION?

-Etrian Odyssey IV

who actually follows these games; hell the battle visuals are lazy enough to include attacks but not the characters using them

-Lego City: Undercover

sounds and smells like more shovel ware the 3DS is already rife with

^ Eh, looks like you all are once again counting your chicken eggs long before they even hatch.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#43kewldude475Posted 1/22/2013 12:36:26 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
So far these big titles are confirmed to come out this year for the 3DS:

-Project X Zone
-Pokemon X
-Pokemon Y
-Etrian Odyssey IV

and there's more people are hoping to see like Bravely Default: Flying Fairy and Dragon Quest VII. This year proves the 3DS could very well end up having the same quality of a library as the DS did if each year is like this. And who knows what they'll reveal at events like E3. Definitely a very strong year for the 3DS.

...these titles don't make for game of the year. Unless you're like, 15. That said, some of them look good.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#44CojiroseanPosted 1/22/2013 1:03:12 AM
kewldude475 posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
So far these big titles are confirmed to come out this year for the 3DS:

-Project X Zone
-Pokemon X
-Pokemon Y
-Etrian Odyssey IV

and there's more people are hoping to see like Bravely Default: Flying Fairy and Dragon Quest VII. This year proves the 3DS could very well end up having the same quality of a library as the DS did if each year is like this. And who knows what they'll reveal at events like E3. Definitely a very strong year for the 3DS.

...these titles don't make for game of the year. Unless you're like, 15. That said, some of them look good.

Because every game of the year has to be right wing space marine FPS with no imagination or soul of any kind.
#45NathanisDrakePosted 1/22/2013 1:17:28 AM
Razieru posted...

Careful, Raz. You'll probably strain yourself from trying too hard.
---
http://fanboygaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/3ds-it-prints-money.gif // http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD
#46NathanisDrakePosted 1/22/2013 1:24:19 AM
AP3Brain posted...
Sounds like a normal release list for a console to me....

Not in this economy.
---
http://fanboygaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/3ds-it-prints-money.gif // http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
#47pbandjamesPosted 1/22/2013 1:35:46 AM
Razieru posted...
Opinionated criticisms.

So you don't like the line-up. What would you rather have then?

And Fire Emblem really isn't that overhyped. On this board, perhaps it is, but not at all to the public. People are only really just finding out there's a Fire Emblem series now.

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon spin-offs are actually pretty damn quality. You can't just throw out an IP because it's a spin-off. There was an actual moderately interesting story in the last one, and the series has been rife with fun gameplay and frustratingly-hard-but-rewarding post-game dungeons. I think it's actually on par with the main series, really, except the main series has the multiplayer metagame, but if they wanted to and if it wasn't a spin-off, they could surpass the main games. They won't, but they could.

People don't even blindly praise visual novels like Phoenix Wright. It's hard to blindly praise a genre that barely exists. It's a miracle the game even became so popular, a testament to the fact that they made the game with quality in mind. The market isn't flooding with them anyway. It's nice to have variety; I've seen and played enough FPSs this last Gen that I don't even want to think about that genre for the next while.

Animal Crossing: Not much fanservice in a sims game, but okay. It looks alright I guess; not really my cup of tea. Apparently they've done a good job though. It actually changed some things up in its formula. And sim games have been living on for a long while; they just had previews for a new SimCity game at E3 last year.

Luigi's Mansion had potential and was something refreshingly new. Now Nintendo have the opportunity to make that series great. I wouldn't write it off until it's released. The game looks like it has some pretty good elements to it.

The rest, eh. I don't understand Etrian Odessey, I don't know about CV: Mirrors, Monster Hunter 3 U is basically just an encouragement to grind on the 3DS and do the cool stuff on the console, Lego City might be okay, and Project X Zone looks fun.

But yeah, opinion couteropinion aside, I'm curious as to your ideal release line-up.
---
Game news is the best news.
#48RazieruPosted 1/22/2013 1:43:03 AM(edited)
NathanisDrake posted...
Razieru posted...

Aw, the little chap Nathany couldn't even post my ENTIRE argument. I can....teach you how to copy and paste if you like. It's....really easy.

I guess your sloppy trolling is more important.
---
So....New Super Mario Bros. 2 wasn't released as FREE DLC for New Super Mario Bros.?!
#49Deimos259Posted 1/22/2013 2:16:11 AM(edited)
PS3DS

Pokemon XY
Fire Emblem Awakening
Ni No Kuni
Devil Survivor Overclocked (EU)
Sly Cooper 4
The Last of Us

+ maybe a bunch of unknown stuff like Soul Hackers
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Deimos254.png
#50NathanisDrakePosted 1/22/2013 1:46:07 AM
Razieru posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
Razieru posted...

Aw, the little boy Nathany couldn't even post my ENTIRE argument. I can....teach you how to copy and paste if you like. It's....really easy.

I guess your sloppy trolling is more important.

That's because you're not worth arguing with. And I assume most of us knows this by now.
---