Soo.. are you guys happy with your 3DS?

#1Rome218Posted 1/21/2013 3:58:35 PM
I'm thinking of buying one. I have not owned a hand held since the DS, which was mostly used by my ex gf at the time.

Before that I was a big fan of the gameboy.

What are some of the bigger games on this? The 3DS is better than the Vita? I owned a PSP and thought it was okay, but found the DS more charming. I liked both handhelds though.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#2robulastagePosted 1/21/2013 4:01:05 PM
I'm very happy with my 3DS now that Pokemon X/Y are on the way.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727
#3Zechs23Posted 1/21/2013 4:02:58 PM
Rome218 posted...
The 3DS is better than the Vita?

Whoa there! Let's just say they're both good in their own way and leave it at that before
the **** hits the fan.
---
3DS FC: 0619-3034-0578
#4MetalLokiPosted 1/21/2013 4:03:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qk8V3VcGKk
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Lamia, Harpy, Centaur, Slime and Mermaid.....Next is?
#5Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:06:23 PM
Zechs23 posted...
Rome218 posted...
The 3DS is better than the Vita?

Whoa there! Let's just say they're both good in their own way and leave it at that before
the **** hits the fan.

Fair enough, it's not like I plan to make a decision today. :P Although I am strangely spontaneous. This started off on a thread on the Wii-U boards. The users said wait a year since I have a 360, and recommended a handheld.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#6Fr33zPosted 1/21/2013 4:09:45 PM(edited)
In terms of support right now the 3DS beats the Vita by a wide margin. While the Vita does have quality games on it its just not getting the support(Japan or Western) it needs compared to the 3DS, and it doesnt have that Nintendo charm of course :P

Theres alot of big titles for the 3DS out now and coming this year(and definitely alot for RPG fans):

Kingdom Hearts DDD
Kid Icarus Uprising
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Pokemon X/Y
Shin Megami Tensei
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Etrian Odyssey
Virtues Last Reward
Professor Layton
Dragon Quest 7 (Japan only Atm)
Project X Zone
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Inifinity

Then theres most likely going to be a new Zelda announced at E3 and more news about Super Smash Bros. Theres also the huge backlog of DS games and quality eShop titles so 2013 is looking like a great year to invest in the 3DS
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#7Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:10:20 PM
MetalLoki posted...

I'm not sure what that game is, but it looks fun.
---
#8Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 4:11:48 PM
Fr33z posted...
In terms of support right now the 3DS beats the Vita by a wide margin. While the Vita does have quality games on it its just not getting the support(Japan or Western) it needs compared to the 3DS, and it doesnt have that Nintendo charm of course :P

Theres alot of big titles for the 3DS out now and coming this year(and definitely alot for RPG fans):

Kingdom Hearts DDD
Kid Icarus Uprising
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Pokemon X/Y
Shin Megami Tensei
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Etrian Odyssey
Virtues Last Reward
Professor Layton
Dragon Quest 7 (Japan only Atm)
Project X Zone
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Inifinity

Then theres most likely going to be a new Zelda announced at E3 and more news about Super Smash Bros. Theres also the huge backlog of DS games and quality eShop titles so 2013 is looking like a great year to invest in the 3DS

I'm not a huge pokemon fan but I do want to get DQ7. I loved part 6 and 5(I believe I have a review written for Dragon Quest 5 on gamefaqs).

Fire emblem interests me. Many of those games I'm not sure what they are, but it seems like the 3dS has a good library.
---
#9cfrydaPosted 1/21/2013 4:12:32 PM
The 3ds is by far my favorite system/handheld

as an old school gamer I highly enjoy the fact of being able to download older NES and GB titles, and the newer games on the Marketplace are good for the most part

and having first party titles and some stellar third party titles prevents the system from collecting dust

on top of that add in Netflix, and yes my 3ds gets a lot of use
---
XBL GT: Sodapop 8888
3DS FC: Sodapop 0559-7128-9372
#10Fr33zPosted 1/21/2013 4:14:03 PM(edited)
Rome218 posted...
MetalLoki posted...

I'm not sure what that game is, but it looks fun.

Shin Megami Tensei IV, one of the games I listed above.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS