Just nabbed Infinite Space for 13.49 at Gamestop

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just nabbed Infinite Space for 13.49 at Gamestop
3 years ago#21
yankee6903 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Bad deal, but a great game. IS is beyond amazing! The story is great, and branching paths makes for a ton of replay value. The customization is also insanely fun and huge.

How is it a bad deal, you apparently think the game is amazing?

ANyway I have been eyeing local gamestops and craigslist for months to no avail. Its new on amazon for about 60 and used for about 35. ALthough I prefer a manual and case its not a showstopper for me.

Bad deal cause you do not have the case or the manual.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
3 years ago#22
its one of my top 3 favorite ds games for sure.
There are some things that once unlocked, are saved to the system data and you cannot unlock or visit them again. But they are minor things.
3 years ago#23
i liked infinite space so much more compared to FTL
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
3 years ago#24
The only thing throwing me off is the explosions, pretty bad since I usually wear headphones.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
3 years ago#25
yankee6903 posted...
dolphinmage posted...
You can start a new game, but there is a database file that appears on the title screen that will already have things unlocked if your game has been played before. This is mostly relevant to the celestial objects. While traveling throughout the game, you will occasionally see nebulas or black holes or other space phenomenon. Once you see it the first time, it appears in the database and will never appear again in-game regardless of whether you start a new game. It's not a huge deal b/c you can look at them in the database and see exactly what you would see if you encountered it in game. It's just kind of disappointing since finding all of the celestial objects during your journey is pretty fun.

If this doesn't bother you, a used game should be fine. The game has a thorough tutorial database which is far more useful than the instructional manual.

Luckily the previous owner only clocked in 46 mins and had a very low % complete. Im loving it!

That is really lucky! Then I'd say you got a great deal on this game. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it, since it's one of my favorite ds games. I just love space travel stories and this one gets really intense.
3 years ago#26
ferofax posted...

IIRC, you have to load a finished game save to even get access to New Game+ perks, but Extra Mode will be permanently unlocked, as well as Database entries.

I'd say give it a go, and then consider looking for ways to reset your game save if you want a really fresh start. There are multiple ways to do this, and one way I can think of involves injecting game saves.

How does one inject save games? I suppose one could also try to corrupt the save file but I wouldn't want to do anything risky like that though.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
3 years ago#27
Isn't there some kind of memory management tool or feature on an AR that let's you delete DS saves?
---
Hi.
3 years ago#28
cador posted...
ferofax posted...

IIRC, you have to load a finished game save to even get access to New Game+ perks, but Extra Mode will be permanently unlocked, as well as Database entries.

I'd say give it a go, and then consider looking for ways to reset your game save if you want a really fresh start. There are multiple ways to do this, and one way I can think of involves injecting game saves.

How does one inject save games? I suppose one could also try to corrupt the save file but I wouldn't want to do anything risky like that though.

you'll need ds flashcart (and possibly a ds, so you can use the flashcart)
what you do is dl an app for the flashcart
what this app does is asks you find a save file from the micro sd card
then you'll be asked to pop out the flashcart and insert the game and press a button to begin the injection process
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
3 years ago#29
lambchips posted...
cador posted...
ferofax posted...

then you'll be asked to pop out the flashcart and insert the game and press a button to begin the injection process

I see, thanks. Are you allowed to give a link to the app? I want to see some of those games with 100% saves that I don't have time to unlock extra things.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
3 years ago#30
lambchips posted...
cador posted...
ferofax posted...

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that was possible. I'll look into it.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just nabbed Infinite Space for 13.49 at Gamestop

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived