Just bought golden sun for $8 ,seller hasn't shipped yet.

#21xoftheuniversePosted 1/22/2013 7:31:57 AM
Halladay32 posted...
jedinat posted...
Also, I don't think anyone is going to compromise their ebay account over making 4 dollars on a GBA game, lol...

Personally, I'd never consider buying a GBA game at this point... your saves are not safe, and it might very well be a fake besides... in which case your saves are doubly in jeopardy.... last used GBA game I bought years and years ago off Amazon or something... stopped playing for a couple weeks, came back and the saves were gone.

Those things are ticking time bombs with their internal batteries...

This happened with me as well a few years back with FFVI Advance. Halfway through the game, my save file randomly got corrupted.

Actually, I'm currently waiting for a FFVIII copy that I purchased from eBay to arrive in the mail...Now I'm worried that tragedy will strike twice :/

Erm, anyway, when purchasing games from eBay (and other stuff, actually), always check the seller's rating to make sure they're reliable.

About ebay and used games... You have to be careful there is a ton of piracy running rampant there and ebay doesn't care. I have been looking for a copy of FFV advance myself and these china (insert expletive) keep spreading fake copies of GBA games and many other sellers end up with them and don't even notice or know the difference. Look at your copy and compare the product ID. Here http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/930370-final-fantasy-vi-advance/data I also suggest people should NOT buy off of ebay without seeing a pic of the cart.
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#22LunarRoarPosted 1/22/2013 7:45:54 AM(edited)
Or you know, he didn't want to ship it because mail doesn't move on MLK day? >__>;
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#23xcmon3yx2Posted 1/22/2013 11:30:19 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24xcmon3yx2Posted 1/22/2013 11:55:24 AM(edited)
WRRYYYYers posted...
Buying from eBay in general is simply a poor choice. Amazon is a lot more reliable.

false, please don't talk about something if you have no idea what you are talking about. 99% of sellers are legitimate, and if you get scammed it is b/c your an idiot, simple as that
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/HakudoshiV77360
Let's Play, and Guides
#25xcmon3yx2Posted 1/22/2013 11:53:43 AM(edited)
DeathSoul2000 posted...
dude, i've dealt with plenty of sellers who don't bother to ship for 2, or sometimes even 3 days. i put it down to laziness myself, but what really irks me is when its past 3 days i e-mail them, and they're like "lolsorry busy week at work" and i'm like, well if you've got a damn job, why not list the ****ing item so it ends on a friday and you can then ship it out saturday morning? and the most annoying thing is, half these idiots don't even bother mentioning their work priorities in the description or send you a message, YOU have to be the one to send a message to get anything out of these useless tools.

"your one of those people that prol. even complain when the shipping is free" Being a ebay seller is very tough work, we have to deal with dumb ass buyers like you and ridiculous ebay rules and selling fees. Ebay sellers are individual people, we don't have the capacity to be your local walmart
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/HakudoshiV77360
Let's Play, and Guides
#26EnclavePosted 1/22/2013 12:11:09 PM
jedinat posted...
Also, I don't think anyone is going to compromise their ebay account over making 4 dollars on a GBA game, lol...

Personally, I'd never consider buying a GBA game at this point... your saves are not safe, and it might very well be a fake besides... in which case your saves are doubly in jeopardy.... last used GBA game I bought years and years ago off Amazon or something... stopped playing for a couple weeks, came back and the saves were gone.

Those things are ticking time bombs with their internal batteries...

This is very much true.

Some GBA games have a decent battery but a huge number do not. Nintendo really skimped on the batteries in them.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#27DeathSoul2000Posted 1/22/2013 1:04:12 PM
xcmon3yx2 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
dude, i've dealt with plenty of sellers who don't bother to ship for 2, or sometimes even 3 days. i put it down to laziness myself, but what really irks me is when its past 3 days i e-mail them, and they're like "lolsorry busy week at work" and i'm like, well if you've got a damn job, why not list the ****ing item so it ends on a friday and you can then ship it out saturday morning? and the most annoying thing is, half these idiots don't even bother mentioning their work priorities in the description or send you a message, YOU have to be the one to send a message to get anything out of these useless tools.

"your one of those people that prol. even complain when the shipping is free" Being a ebay seller is very tough work, we have to deal with dumb ass buyers like you and ridiculous ebay rules and selling fees. Ebay sellers are individual people, we don't have the capacity to be your local walmart

yeah, no. i sell myself. why is apparently asking for someone to state working priorities in the description or send an e-mail after paying too much to ask? it would be a helluva lot better than staring at an unmarked "shipped" icon for 4 days straight.
#28CronoDynePosted 1/22/2013 1:26:09 PM
First of all, it's within SEVEN days of the stated handling time, not "2 days" after payment. And the buyer must wait 30 days to even file a claim. I've been selling on eBay for years and shipping an item within just one day is beyond a luxury for buyers, so stop being so impatient.

Let's assume you won the item early Saturday and paid in the afternoon. Assuming the buyer is a magician and knows the exact moment you paid, the mail closes early on Saturday so no mail, it's closed on Sunday so no mail, and it was closed on MLK day on Monday so no mail. He doesn't even HAVE to ship today, but even if he does it would be considered 1 business day.

And the seller could ship you 20 copies by mistake, with first class one day shipping at no extra cost to you, and you could have the games right now in your possession, and if you file an "item not received" claim, the seller will lose no matter how much proof he has, and you'll get your money back. Buyers have eternal immunity on eBay; you can't even leave them negative feedback if they troll your listings and refuse to pay.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#29bulletproven50(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 8:31:21 PM
CronoDyne posted...
First of all, it's within SEVEN days of the stated handling time, not "2 days" after payment. And the buyer must wait 30 days to even file a claim. I've been selling on eBay for years and shipping an item within just one day is beyond a luxury for buyers, so stop being so impatient.

Let's assume you won the item early Saturday and paid in the afternoon. Assuming the buyer is a magician and knows the exact moment you paid, the mail closes early on Saturday so no mail, it's closed on Sunday so no mail, and it was closed on MLK day on Monday so no mail. He doesn't even HAVE to ship today, but even if he does it would be considered 1 business day.

And the seller could ship you 20 copies by mistake, with first class one day shipping at no extra cost to you, and you could have the games right now in your possession, and if you file an "item not received" claim, the seller will lose no matter how much proof he has, and you'll get your money back. Buyers have eternal immunity on eBay; you can't even leave them negative feedback if they troll your listings and refuse to pay.

Ok lil update. I paid for the item Sunday 1am.. Along with 2 other ds games bout a hour or two later.....so then Monday gets here I get emails saying 2 of my orders has shipped around 10am and 1pm... So from that it just made me wonder why the first order I place didn't ship......but anyhow he finally marked it as shipped on day 2 with no tracking # but all other orders have trackimg#..... I think either he hasn't shipped it yet or he probably shipped it and used cheap 1 to 2 weeks USPS chipping which is like 3.99 likely to Alaska just so he could make a profit of $5 but his shipping price says 3 to 5 days. So we'll see if it's not here in 5 days(Saturday)
---
PSN ID:Sprint4geyes_601
My Recent Purchases: PS Vita(9.5)Transformer Prime(9.5) HotS Golf Vita UMVC Vita(10), SMS Audio headphones(8.9) TwistM PS3.Ngaiden(8.7)
#30Chykka_BlackPosted 1/24/2013 1:11:26 AM
Halladay32 posted...
Chykka_Black posted...
FFVIII is a ps1 game and therefore is disc based not cartridge. Unless you meant FFIV or FFV

I was referring to bad luck striking twice for the same series, not the same system.

I realize that now, sorry about sounding like an ass
---
Pokemon White FC: 4427-3698-5253 Izzi
3DS FC 4081-5675-7223