I bought a 3DS at launch with the wild hope Advance Wars would come.

#11ValzacardXPosted 1/21/2013 11:00:43 PM
king_darks posted...
Atleast you're getting the next best thing soon...

Really? Where?

Fire Emblem, February 4th
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#12vitaghoulPosted 1/21/2013 11:04:11 PM
ValzacardX posted...
king_darks posted...
Atleast you're getting the next best thing soon...

Really? Where?

Fire Emblem, February 4th

That game is a lot different than advance wars.
#13poptarts22Posted 1/21/2013 11:06:34 PM
The 3DS launched with a game better than Advance Wars called Ghost Recon Shadow Wars.

There is no Fog of War garbage where the enemy AI can tell where you are but you can't see them.
#14king_darksPosted 1/21/2013 11:08:16 PM
poptarts22 posted...
The 3DS launched with a game better than Advance Wars called Ghost Recon Shadow Wars.

There is no Fog of War garbage where the enemy AI can tell where you are but you can't see them.

That was cool though.
---
School days are back.
#15TastyKittyMMMM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:08:19 PM
I've never been a HUGE Fire Emblem fan. I liked the first GBA game a lot, Sacred Stones kinda bored me, and Path of Radiance wasn't terrible but couldn't hold my attention either. Are people liking the newest game, assuming anyone imported? 36/40 in Famitsu ain't too shabby.
#16king_darksPosted 1/21/2013 11:13:36 PM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
I've never been a HUGE Fire Emblem fan. I liked the first GBA game a lot, Sacred Stones kinda bored me, and Path of Radiance wasn't terrible but couldn't hold my attention either. Are people liking the newest game, assuming anyone imported? 36/40 in Famitsu ain't too shabby.

There a demo on the Eshop. So far its the best one yet apparently.
---
School days are back.
#17TastyKittyMMMM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 11:15:10 PM
poptarts22 posted...

Forgot about this game, somehow. I sold it. Along with Pilotwings Resort, it was the only 3DS game I owned for a while. Had quite a few minor problems (very limited soundtrack, bad cut scenes, the perk system was too linear, seemed like the maps were spread too far apart so a lot of it was move and wait, move and wait, particularly when you've cleared a map except for one small objective)

There needs to be a sequel. It deserves one. Since Julian Gollop was involved with it, and he did the old Xcom games, I've been tempted to pick up the newest X-Com as a spiritual successor. At any rate the art style is vaguely similar to Shadow Wars. But to my knowledge he had no involvement with the game.
#18JackalfoxPosted 1/21/2013 11:21:45 PM
This just reminded me that I still need to try the first three AW games. I played Days of Ruin when it came out and loved it, but heard that the other games in the series were totally different in terms of atmosphere and presentation.

Anyway, yeah. I think the closest things so far are Ghost Recon and Fire Emblem.
---
Now Playing - Resident Evil 6 (360)