Pokemon Black/White vs. Pokemon Black/White 2.

#1The_Hungry_OnePosted 1/22/2013 2:38:26 AM
So, I'm interested in getting the new Pokemon Black/White 2, but my concern is that I didn't complete Black/White on the DSi, and I was wondering changes have been made to warrant the purchase viable?

I know you start with the initial 3 starters you had in Black/White, and I don't mind that, but what makes Black/White 2 so special compared to the predecessors?
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#2pbandjamesPosted 1/22/2013 2:53:39 AM
Complete the first one. The story is actually interesting enough this time 'round. The sequels have whole different areas, but there's a lot of same-y-ness to it still, so it depends how much you want another Pokemon.

The Pokemon World Tournament is pretty good though. As are the Funfest Missions and the Medal system. They add a lot to make the game seem a little fresher.
---
Game news is the best news.
#3MetalGearTWPosted 1/22/2013 3:14:43 AM
I played Black 2 without playing Black or White. Took me a week to beat the Elite 4, catch post-game legendary pokemon and explore the previous inaccessible areas.

I understood Black 2's plot pretty well as the in-game characters recap whatever happened in Black/White.. but I am tempted to buy Black and play it to see how different it is from Black 2 (Gym leaders, Elite 4, Legendary Pokemon.. etc)
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon Black 2
#4Xenesis XenonPosted 1/22/2013 3:20:50 AM
They're as different in feel as two 'main line' pokemon games can get, to be honest.

BW1 is fairly restrained and you're mostly limited to the new Gen 5 150 until postgame. The plot is 'more epic' for lack of a better description.

BW2 is a lot better in its variety with a wide range of pokemon available and a lot more freedom. There's a few more things to do postgame. But the plot is a bit flat.

Personally, I'd say pick one or the other. You won't miss out on too much either way.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#5guedesbrawlPosted 1/22/2013 4:05:45 AM
voltwhite/blazeblack are the way to go.now with sequels.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#6jovewolfPosted 1/22/2013 8:04:34 AM
Basically - Black 2/White 2 are to Black/White as the second half of Gold/Silver was to Red/Blue.

You're going through the same area, but a couple years have passed and some things are different (a few new gyms, people shuffed about, some changes to the landscape, etc). For newcomers it won't matter, but having played the first game(s) add some flavour and nostalgia to things.
---
"Don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
#7emagdnEPosted 1/22/2013 11:47:20 AM
don't buy any of them, they are all amongst the very worst games ever made

I have four words that will instantly convince anyone with even at least half a functional brain that Black/White its cheap cash-in sequel is objectively horrible: ****ing ice cream pokémon

you have been warned
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#8deimos91Posted 1/22/2013 1:54:40 PM
emagdnE posted...
don't buy any of them, they are all amongst the very worst games ever made

I have four words that will instantly convince anyone with even at least half a functional brain that Black/White its cheap cash-in sequel is objectively horrible: ****ing ice cream pokémon

you have been warned

and he trolls again gen 1 and 2 had dumb pokemon take the glasses off woohoo one or two oddly designed ones waaaahh waaahhh
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951