Would you buy a 3D remake of Final Fantasy V?

#11DynamicJumpIuffPosted 1/22/2013 5:16:12 AM(edited)
Nobody plays FFV for those things, they play it for the incredible job system

Don't forget the fun and entertaining script!

V is my favorite. :u
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#12Bass_X0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:17:52 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
FF V is one of my most disliked Final Fantasies due the bland characters and story that were already pretty dated in its time.

But yeah, I would buy a remake, if it received a better treatment than IV and they quit making the toothpick-legged characters.

Final Fantasy 1, 2 and 3 had bland characters and dated storylines. They enhanced FFIII for DS quite nicely.

A remake doesn't mean that they have to retain the same flaws of the original. Enhancing the characters and storyline to make them more interesting is one of the first things I would do if I were to remake Final Fantasy V.

As it is, I play the original for the gameplay, not the story or characters.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth." ~ Rook
#13DeathSnipe777Posted 1/22/2013 5:18:22 AM
In a heartbeat.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#14kuragari1anonlyPosted 1/22/2013 5:24:52 AM
Yes for hilariously broken party set ups oh man
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#15pikachupwnagePosted 1/22/2013 5:32:10 AM
Yes.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#16QueskerPosted 1/22/2013 5:33:03 AM
Gogo726 posted...
Hell yeah I would! FF5 is my favorite in the series.

---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#17GottastrikePosted 1/22/2013 5:58:18 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
FF V is one of my most disliked Final Fantasies due the bland characters and story that were already pretty dated in its time.

But yeah, I would buy a remake, if it received a better treatment than IV and they quit making the toothpick-legged characters.

Yeah, because final fantasy as a whole doesnt have bland throwaway characters and stories. I'd buy it, V was the best one since it was almost pure gameplay with the best job system ever.
#18GreatHammurabiPosted 1/22/2013 6:00:13 AM
I'd most likely buy it but under one condition.

They stop using the graphic style of the FFIII and FFIV remakes for the DS. It isn't bad but I just do not like it whatsoever. I can't take the game as 'seriously' with that graphic style than I could with the originals.
---
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/GreatHammurabi/MySig.jpg
#19TinyTim123Posted 1/22/2013 6:07:41 AM
Gogo726 posted...
Hell yeah I would! FF5 is my favorite in the series.

GreatHammurabi posted...
I'd most likely buy it but under one condition.

They stop using the graphic style of the FFIII and FFIV remakes for the DS. It isn't bad but I just do not like it whatsoever. I can't take the game as 'seriously' with that graphic style than I could with the originals.

I really disliked how FFIV was on the DS, just visually. I liked the PSP version MUCH better.
I am also plagued by nostalgia, because I originally played V on my Super Famicom in Japanese. Same thing goes for Dragon Quest V. I instantly bought it on the original PS when available, and totally hated the translation. Loved the GBA one, though.
Also, I like hand drawn sprite artwork so much better than 3D stuff. I know I'm not in the majority, but it just looks so much better to me.
III was okay, because I hadn't played it before. No nostalgia to get the way.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#20AtalalamaPosted 1/22/2013 6:19:51 AM
Yup.