Does the 3DS Library lack in variety?

#1MGSDizzlePosted 1/22/2013 4:38:32 PM
This guy seems to think so:
http://www.gamingtruth.com/2013/01/22/truthrant-the-nintendo-3ds-library-has-terrible-variety/

I think there are some valid points, but I think that these will hopefully be fixed. I don't know about the sports games though, that might be a lost cause.
#2confettistormPosted 1/22/2013 4:49:24 PM(edited)
He just listed my three least favourite genres.
There's tons of sports shovelware and racing games. There aren't any great ones I'll admit.

There aren't many first person shooters I admit, but the 3DS control scheme doesn't lend itself well to FPS. I never understood why you'd even want to play a shooter on the 3DS...

Also, his blog is called gamingtruth... I'll let the rest of you figure out what I'm implying here.
#3Genericgamer667Posted 1/22/2013 4:50:17 PM
The PS Vita, which has had terrible sales, at least got a damn Call of Duty game,

and it was a piece of crap. Why is this a good thing? Is he one of those Call of Duty players?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#4aamotPosted 1/22/2013 5:01:46 PM

http://www.gamingtruth.com/2013/01/22/truthrant-the-nintendo-3ds-library-has-terrible-variety/

"3DS is bad because it isn't Sony."
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#5jedinatPosted 1/22/2013 5:25:44 PM(edited)
"The Nintendo 3DS Library Lacks Games for Goober Gamers"

Fixed the title for his article.
#6Valkerion757Posted 1/22/2013 5:29:11 PM
Dont own a 3DS but can see theres a nice diversity of games atm. Same time, problem i had with DS was it had some great games that 2nd and 3rd ish year then less and less real games, more and more, "fancy fashionista make up party 5 puppy edition featuring kittens and that one guy from who has a womans haircut" games.

Hopefully that wont happen again, but looking at the line up... yeah its happening again. Its whats stopping me from jumping on one right this minute.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#7surferguy7Posted 1/22/2013 5:37:12 PM
Oh look, the three genres I don't care for.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#8Philosopher08Posted 1/22/2013 5:45:47 PM
Poor dude bro doesn't get his FPS fix on the go. lol
---
Black 2 FC 2667-1236-2756
XBL/PSN - Ph1l0z0ph3r
#9AkaneJonesPosted 1/22/2013 7:13:13 PM
Lets see
1) Sports ---> Inazuma Eleven; Oh wait I forgot Americans don't care about real Football so that's not for NA. You can have your one crappy Madden NFL Football game because the rest of the world prefers real Football of which there are plenty. Either that or blame American Companies for not taking Handhelds seriously. (Luckily I don't like sports games or Panzer Ruby, rrr American Football.)

2) Racing Sims --> He list four, but then brings up Gran Turismo a Sony game that Nintendo doesn't have or ever will. It's the only game people care about in the genre from the looks of it. Did Excite Truck on Wii do well enough to warrant people wanting a handheld Excite game? No, It's not Gran Turismo so lets ignore it.

3) FPS --> The big makers of those are PC Devs. They don't like watered down hardware that Handhelds have to offer. I don't even get why a few of them mess with iOS. These didn't do well on PSP and aren't doing well on Vita. Most handheld games don't care for them either. If anything though blame disinterested Wester Devs. The only reason for the games on Sony side is stripped down PS2/3 games for a quick buck.