Kingdom Hearts...

#1Darkstorm16Posted 1/22/2013 7:33:02 PM
I am waiting for my Kingdom Hearts 3D to come into the mail. But in the mean time I'm researching other KH games. I Used to own and loved KH and KH2 I just wish I could find a new working PS2 that I can afford. How are the DS ones?
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#2OhHeyltsYouPosted 1/22/2013 7:37:32 PM(edited)
They're fun, but repetitive.

Re:Coded is pretty much worthless to the KH story line. There's a cut scene in 3D that covers Re:Coded quite nicely. The game play is fun, but that's it. So there's really no need to play it. 358/2 Days on the other hand was pretty good. Despite the missions getting repetitive toward the end game. But overall I enjoyed it. The story was pretty good, and I'd suggest playing that if you ever get around to it.

KH3D has chronicle things that goes into detail about each game. So technically you don't need to play any. You can just read about them in-game and you'll be informed. But of course it's not the same as actually experiencing the stories for yourself.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#3Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 7:42:32 PM
OhHeyltsYou posted...
They're fun, but repetitive.

Re:Coded is pretty much worthless to the KH story line. There's a cut scene in 3D that covers Re:Coded quite nicely. The game play is fun, but that's it. So there's really no need to play it. 358/2 Days on the other hand was pretty good. Despite the missions getting repetitive toward the end game. But overall I enjoyed it. The story was pretty good, and I'd suggest playing that if you ever get around to it.

KH3D has chronicle things that goes into detail about each game. So technically you don't need to play any. You can just read about them in-game and you'll be informed. But of course it's not the same as actually experiencing the stories for yourself.

Totally agree....but I figure if I can weed out the unessesary games I can use that money to go onto another series too ^-^
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#4surferguy7Posted 1/22/2013 7:52:28 PM
The Chronicle doesn't do Days' plot justice. While the gameplay may be inferior in terms of features, I'd say buy Days instead of Re:Coded.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#5Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 7:54:15 PM
Honestly they are pretty much bellow par, Days is really damn repetitive and the story wasn't that great and Coded is just a recap really of KH1 except with different gameplay styles.

Both feature Wonderland, the worst world ever.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6Carbuncle009Posted 1/22/2013 8:11:00 PM
Baha05 posted...
Honestly they are pretty much bellow par, Days is really damn repetitive and the story wasn't that great and Coded is just a recap really of KH1 except with different gameplay styles.

Both feature Wonderland, the worst world ever.

I'm sorry, but have you played KH2? Because we all know it had the worst abomination in the entire series. *Points to an underwater level that shall remain nameless*
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 5 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#7Carbuncle009Posted 1/22/2013 8:13:25 PM
surferguy7 posted...
The Chronicle doesn't do Days' plot justice. While the gameplay may be inferior in terms of features, I'd say buy Days instead of Re:Coded.

BBS is a good one too, but only if you already have access to a PSP. Otherwise, you're better off hoping for KH2.5 Remix.
---
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I'm proud to be a brony http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw
#8Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 8:13:45 PM
Carbuncle009 posted...
I'm sorry, but have you played KH2? Because we all know it had the worst abomination in the entire series. *Points to an underwater level that shall remain nameless*

Yeah and honestly it trumps the DS games easily, hell I'd say the GBA version of CoM trumps the DS games.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#9Carbuncle009Posted 1/22/2013 8:19:48 PM
Baha05 posted...
Carbuncle009 posted...

Yeah and honestly it trumps the DS games easily, hell I'd say the GBA version of CoM trumps the DS games.

I was talking about Wunderland being worst world. >_____>
---
#10Baha05Posted 1/22/2013 8:51:14 PM
Carbuncle009 posted...
I was talking about Wunderland being worst world. >_____>

It is the worst world. THis mother ****** has been in like 4 games. It's almost on par wih Agrabah and Olympus C. At least Hercs World it seemed to go forward, Aladdin's really went forward once and then imploded on itself.
---