Might get a 3DS XL tomorrow, some questions...

#1SolaceIXPosted 1/22/2013 9:40:39 PM
What games would you recommend for someone who loves aRPGs, Metroidvanias, MH style games (besides MH, I already know) etc?

For lack of a better way to ask, what games are there for "adults?"
(surely a terrible metaphor but like playing Gran Turismo over Mario Kart)

How "complete" is the Virtual Console library? What Nintendo systems are supported by it?

Thanks in advance to any answers I can get.
---
"Outside of FPS games, the PC really doesn't have ANYTHING." - Friends, gotta love 'em!
#2MereMarePosted 1/22/2013 9:48:27 PM
Action rpgs:

3DS
Tales of the Abyss

DS:
Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
Rune Factory 1, 2 & 3 (a little like MH)
Theresia (visual novel, adult-like)
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#3DuckerdooPosted 1/22/2013 9:50:24 PM
The only advice I got for you is to go for a regular 3DS. Unless they fixed the low volume after the XL's first sales. I got an XL when they first came out, but I could barely hear anything, and had to go back to my original. As for your taste in games, well... I'm an adult (30), and like Zelda, Mario, etc. So even though I say there are plenty of good games, that's only imo.
---
I gotta lay off the games. They're starting to affect my work performance.
I keep trying to 100% my job, and aim for meaningless achievements.
#4DirtBasedSoapPosted 1/22/2013 9:51:28 PM
For lack of a better way to ask, what games are there for "adults?"

If that is a serious concern of yours, don't buy a 3DS.
---
Posting from iPhone 6S.
#5SolaceIX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 9:57:31 PM(edited)
I should have added (as it wasn't clear I guess) I'm not trying to completely avoid "kiddie" games. Just wanted to know what was there.

I also plan on picking up RE:R, OoT, and Heroes of Ruin.

Duckerdoo posted...
The only advice I got for you is to go for a regular 3DS. Unless they fixed the low volume after the XL's first sales. I got an XL when they first came out, but I could barely hear anything, and had to go back to my original. As for your taste in games, well... I'm an adult (30), and like Zelda, Mario, etc. So even though I say there are plenty of good games, that's only imo.

I'll be using head phones most of the time anyway, as I mostly use handhelds while I'm at work.
---
"Outside of FPS games, the PC really doesn't have ANYTHING." - Friends, gotta love 'em!
#6Stefan1277Posted 1/22/2013 9:57:05 PM
Well this will be hard to answer, since you're already splitting the community in "kiddy" and "adult". If what you're looking for is M for Manchildren, blood, gore, shooters, aliens, zombies, cussing, nakedness and what not, you won't find much here.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#7SolaceIX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 12:36:42 AM
Again, not trying to avoid anything, what are some awesome fun games? In your opinion.
---
#8JackalfoxPosted 1/23/2013 12:43:52 AM
If you like action RPGs, Kingdom Hearts 3D is a solid choice. The two 3DS Resident Evil games are also fun, though I can only recommend getting Mercenaries 3D if it's at $15 or below (And be warned if you buy it used, as save files in that game can't be deleted, so you'll be stuck with everything the previous owner unlocked. This was fixed for Revelations, though) since it's just an expanded minigame. Also, it -may- be a good idea to wait a few months regarding Revelations if you have a 360/PS3/Wii U/PC, as an enhanced and upgraded port is coming to those consoles in May.
---
Now Playing - Resident Evil 6 (360), Kingdom Hearts 3D (3DS)
#9SolaceIX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:24:25 AM
Alright, well hows the Virtual Console selection?
---