I want to import a NA 3DS

#1imphihungPosted 1/23/2013 5:42:22 AM
So I've been thinking about getting a North American Nintendo 3DS to free myself from region-locking. Though it's definitely something I can afford, I don't know it's something I should do though. I have been meaning to upgrade to the XL so perhaps I should do so with this purchase?

What are you opinions? For the people who have imported a 3DS from another region, are the benefits worth that extra $200?
#2PokeMasterPosted 1/23/2013 5:48:13 AM
Depends.
What region are you in?

Though it would only really leave EU, the US eShop doesn't accept foreign credit cards iirc, so if you're not going to use eShop, then I'd say go for it if it's retail stuff only.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#3Black_AssassinPosted 1/23/2013 5:55:11 AM
It saves you money in the long run (assuming you're from EU), and gives you a larger game selection to choose from.

Go for it.
#4RayzerTagPosted 1/23/2013 5:58:19 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
It saves you money in the long run (assuming you're from EU), and gives you a larger game selection to choose from.

Go for it.

Why does it save money in the long run? I'm thinking about doing the same as TC and I'm interested.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#5Black_AssassinPosted 1/23/2013 5:59:53 AM
Often it's cheaper to import the games.

At least for me it is.
#6PokeMasterPosted 1/23/2013 6:02:03 AM
RayzerTag posted...

Why does it save money in the long run? I'm thinking about doing the same as TC and I'm interested.

Not sure where TC is from, but if TC is in Australia (maybe also applicable to NZ):

$1AUD = 1.06 US Dollar (google); so it's basically 1:1

However US games are what, $30-40USD new, whereas 3DS games in Australia are $60+.

Throw in some cheap shipping and it's still cheaper to import from US than buy in Australia. Do it long enough and it basically pays for itself.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#7RayzerTagPosted 1/23/2013 6:07:17 AM(edited)
Black_Assassin posted...
Often it's cheaper to import the games.

At least for me it is.

Got it, thanks.

Any particular sites good for importing (cheap prices, ships to Europe, low shipping costs)?
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#8Black_AssassinPosted 1/23/2013 6:05:14 AM
http://www.videogamesplus.ca/
http://www.play-asia.com/
#9CHOVI3Posted 1/23/2013 6:34:08 AM
PokeMaster posted...
Depends.
What region are you in?

Though it would only really leave EU, the US eShop doesn't accept foreign credit cards iirc, so if you're not going to use eShop, then I'd say go for it if it's retail stuff only.

It accepts Mexican cards though, just for the record. (It's kind of silly though, because Mexican eshop games are more expensive than US eshop's but we can just change to US and buy our games cheaper...)
---
Please feed the trolls, they make this boards more lively.
3DS FC: 3566-1571-6130 Now playing Persona 3 Portable