Would you guys buy the next Nintendo handheld if it could download GBA games?

#11EnclavePosted 1/23/2013 12:52:30 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Not being account based doesn't mean they are ripping you off. As long as you've got 1/8th of a brain in your head and register your 3DS with Club Nintendo, all of your purchases are tracked. If something happens to your 3DS you just call Nintendo and give them the new S/N and they transfer the purchases from the original 3DS S/N to the new one. Technically there is an account system, its called Club Nintendo.

And just because they make a full account system that you log onto on your 3DS doesn't mean they'll let you use your purchase on more than one system.

Anyway, I wouldn't buy the new handheld specifically for that reason, no. I still have a GBA and the Game Boy Player for Game Cube.

Except if I want the game on my 3DS and my Wii and my Wii U I'll have to buy it 3 times. Meanwhile on PSN I can play Suikoden on my PS3, PSP, Vita and likely the PS4 when it releases all with a single purchase.

Face it, not having their stores account based is a way for them to horribly rip you off. The sooner people actually realise this and stop buying this crap the sooner Nintendo will get their crap together and go with a proper unified account based storefront.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#12Rai_JinPosted 1/23/2013 1:21:09 PM
StarmanJunior posted...
I'd rather use my actual GBA with my actual GBA game collection, so I don't have to pay for something that already exists.
#13chex81Posted 1/23/2013 1:32:40 PM
one of the reasons i got a 3DS was to download GBA games from the eShop. Man, i really hope they start doing this in near future.
---
gt/psn: chex81
#14robulastagePosted 1/23/2013 1:35:16 PM
I'd buy the next Nintendo handheld because it's a Nintendo handheld, which is always high quality.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727
#15Human-BeanPosted 1/23/2013 2:04:56 PM
I'll get the successor for a pokemon game, maybe a 3D Mario title.
#16n00bsaib0tPosted 1/23/2013 2:17:47 PM
Except if I want the game on my 3DS and my Wii and my Wii U I'll have to buy it 3 times. Meanwhile on PSN I can play Suikoden on my PS3, PSP, Vita and likely the PS4 when it releases all with a single purchase.

Face it, not having their stores account based is a way for them to horribly rip you off. The sooner people actually realise this and stop buying this crap the sooner Nintendo will get their crap together and go with a proper unified account based storefront.

Actually, it depends on when you bought it. If you bought Suikoden a year ago or more, sure. If you bought it recently you only get TWO devices. You can put it on your PS3 and PSP, but not your Vita and not the PS4 should it support it... not unless you deactivate it from one of your devices. Sony started this because people were game sharing. Person A buys Street Fighter III Online and signs into his account on Person B, C, D, and E's PS3s, now Person B has Street Fighter III Online and they can play against each other for one purchase.

And even then, what Sony does doesn't mean that only getting a game for one system with your purchase is a rip off. Do you deserve Mortal Kombat 9 for 360 and Vita just because you bought the PS3 version? No. And you don't deserve SMB1 on Wii, 3DS and Wii U just because you bought it on Wii.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#17MajinKogahazanPosted 1/23/2013 2:23:46 PM
WickedSickJosh posted...
I'll be getting the next Nintendo handheld regardless.

---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#18ARsignal11Posted 1/23/2013 2:26:55 PM
This would have no impact on whether I would purchase the handheld or not.
#19EnclavePosted 1/23/2013 2:47:45 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...

Actually, it depends on when you bought it. If you bought Suikoden a year ago or more, sure. If you bought it recently you only get TWO devices. You can put it on your PS3 and PSP, but not your Vita and not the PS4 should it support it... not unless you deactivate it from one of your devices. Sony started this because people were game sharing. Person A buys Street Fighter III Online and signs into his account on Person B, C, D, and E's PS3s, now Person B has Street Fighter III Online and they can play against each other for one purchase.

And even then, what Sony does doesn't mean that only getting a game for one system with your purchase is a rip off. Do you deserve Mortal Kombat 9 for 360 and Vita just because you bought the PS3 version? No. And you don't deserve SMB1 on Wii, 3DS and Wii U just because you bought it on Wii.

You do realise that the whole active devices thing is still INFINITELY superior to the crap that Nintendo is doing right?

You can deactivate a device and activate a new device.

Just accept it, non-account based stores is a rip off, it's just a fact.

Even if I'm restricted to playing Suikoden on 2 devices at a time it doesn't change the fact that I can still play it on any of those devices and I can deactivate old devices and activate new ones.

Anyways, the supposed logic you're using fails hard I'm sorry to say. You sure must be glad to be ripped off.

Hell, even if you ignore other devices. If your 3DS breaks down one day you have to jump through hoops to get your games back and that's only if you thought to link your Club Nintendo account with your 3DS. If your Vita breaks on the other hand you just go on your account, deactivate your old Vita and activate your new one and redownload. It's simple and it's how it should be.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#20iammaxhailmePosted 1/23/2013 2:55:32 PM
I'd probably buy it anyway, but I'd be more excited for proper online accounts. Nintendo is in the stone age in that aspect.
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax