Would you guys buy the next Nintendo handheld if it could download GBA games?

#21XashowdPosted 1/23/2013 5:26:30 PM
It'd increase my interest, that's for sure. If Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Minish Cap, FFV/FFVI (if we, by some mistake, don't have 3DS remakes of them by that point), and Metroid Fusion (that is the name of the GBA entry, right?) were launch titles, I'd ******* Preorder the new system and snag a $50 eShop card.
---
I am MnK Xashowd. Official Darkrai of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
3DS FC: 3695-0746-1582. Xashowd. PM me if you add me.
#22n00bsaib0tPosted 1/23/2013 6:09:50 PM
You do realise that the whole active devices thing is still INFINITELY superior to the crap that Nintendo is doing right?

Of course it is.

Just accept it, non-account based stores is a rip off, it's just a fact.

It's not a rip off, its just not as efficient. Even if it was account based there is no guarantee that they will let you have your games on multiple systems anyway.

Anyways, the supposed logic you're using fails hard I'm sorry to say. You sure must be glad to be ripped off.

You don't deserve every version of a game ever made for buying it once. It's a nice perk of PSN to have certain games work on multiple systems, but like I said, a full account system doesn't guarantee that you will get that between 3DS, Wii and Wii U.

Hell, even if you ignore other devices. If your 3DS breaks down one day you have to jump through hoops to get your games back and that's only if you thought to link your Club Nintendo account with your 3DS.

Why you wouldn't, I don't know. I have talked to a couple people I work with who are clueless on most things but when they got a 3DS for their kid and saw the club Nintendo stuff they registered it, they even go in and redeem their kids coins and let them decide if they want the game thats up that month.

And it takes 5 freaking minutes to call customer support and tell them what happened and you need the purchases under S/N A moved to S/N B.

If your Vita breaks on the other hand you just go on your account, deactivate your old Vita and activate your new one and redownload. It's simple and it's how it should be.

If your Vita breaks you are SOL unless you call customer support to deactivate it, as you need the system on hand to deactivate it yourself.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#23gofghxgPosted 1/23/2013 6:46:33 PM
I need it to have gba slot so I can use Guitar hero.
---
I'm not saying He's batman, I'm just saying no-ones ever seen Darth Vader and batman in the same room together.
#24emagdnEPosted 1/23/2013 7:03:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25huyiPosted 1/23/2013 7:11:17 PM
StarmanJunior posted...
I'd rather use my actual GBA with my actual GBA game collection, so I don't have to pay for something that already exists.

+1 or even better a nintendo hand held that lets you play your original carts :)
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#26ultradavedPosted 1/23/2013 7:19:10 PM
emagdnE posted...
no, because my PC already does that

Speak of... I'm not a dirty game-thieving pirate, but my cartridge-based games' batteries are starting to die. I remember asking a few years ago if there's a legal way to back up the save files in anticipation of this. At the time, there wasn't.

Not trying to get ROMs (I know you can't talk about that on gamefaqs), just a way to transfer save data to and from GBA cartridges that I've legally purchased and still own. I've got a GBA, DS, 3DS, Wii, and PC. Surely there's a way that won't get Nintendo's panties in a bunch, right?

On topic... I think that would be a perk but not a system-seller for me. Besides, this gen better not be over anytime soon. Haven't even scratched the surface of what it's capable of, I hope.

Also, just because one company offers features and another doesn't, it doesn't mean you're getting "ripped off." Besides, PSN games are usually more expensive than the same game on Nintendo (unless there's a sale or the game's been out for years on PSN already), probably due to that fact, at least in part.
#27ObtuseAnginaPosted 1/23/2013 7:54:00 PM
So the 3DS can't handle GBA games now? You mean all this time..... What had I been playing?
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/3f4yT.jpg http://www.stacksofdoom.com
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,....I'd give my life. Not for honor, but for you!
#28EnclavePosted 1/23/2013 8:24:32 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
It's not a rip off, its just not as efficient. Even if it was account based there is no guarantee that they will let you have your games on multiple systems anyway.

Not as efficient? It gives them an excuse to charge you over and over again for the exact same product.

You don't deserve every version of a game ever made for buying it once. It's a nice perk of PSN to have certain games work on multiple systems, but like I said, a full account system doesn't guarantee that you will get that between 3DS, Wii and Wii U.

For these crazy old out of print games? Yes, you do. I assure you though, Nintendo LOVES that you don't think you're entitled to games you paid for.

Why you wouldn't, I don't know. I have talked to a couple people I work with who are clueless on most things but when they got a 3DS for their kid and saw the club Nintendo stuff they registered it, they even go in and redeem their kids coins and let them decide if they want the game thats up that month.

and I know people who don't even know what Club Nintendo is. A rather huge number of people don't pay jack all attention to the stuff that comes in the box. Besides, stop trying to justify Nintendo ripping you off by not using an account based system. Seriously, an account based system fixes all these issues.

If your Vita breaks you are SOL unless you call customer support to deactivate it, as you need the system on hand to deactivate it yourself.

The odds of your Vita breaking soon enough after buying it that you won't be able to deactivate it and activate the replacement is ridiculously low. This by the way in no way justifies Nintendo double dipping into your wallet.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#29GoldenSun3DSPosted 1/23/2013 9:08:47 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
If something happens to your 3DS you just call Nintendo and give them the new S/N and they transfer the purchases from the original 3DS S/N to the new one. Technically there is an account system, its called Club Nintendo.

Wtf have you been smoking?
It doesn't work like that. CN is purely a rewards program, not an account system.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4!
http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/ | http://facebook.com/pages/Operation-Sunrise/371417546251291
#30n00bsaib0tPosted 1/23/2013 9:24:16 PM
Not as efficient? It gives them an excuse to charge you over and over again for the exact same product.

Again, a true account system does not mean that you wouldn't be getting charged over and over again. Having account systems for the Wii, Wii U and 3DS doesn't mean the shops are merged, and it doesn't mean that buying SMB on a Wii gets it on your 3DS as well. You seem convinced that an account system gives you content on multiple systems, but thats just not how it works.

For these crazy old out of print games? Yes, you do. I assure you though, Nintendo LOVES that you don't think you're entitled to games you paid for.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. You get exactly what you pay for when you buy a VC title. When you buy SMB on the 3DS eshop, you get SMB on your 3DS. That is all you're paying for. You pay for the game for that system, you get the game for that system. Do you also think you deserve Street Fighter X Tekken for 360 and Vita for buying the PS3 version? When you buy a game for one system, you're only entitled to playing the game on that one system. PSN is very specific about what games work on multiple platforms and which ones don't. 3DS, Wii and Wii U are pretty specific about the fact that you only get the game for one system. You get what you're sold, and aren't entitled to anything more than that. That is how being a consumer works, the company you buy from decides what the product is and how it works, not you. Your job is to decide if the purchase is worth your money. Of course using your logic I should be able to take a picture of my Super Mario Land 2 cartridge and e-mail it to Nintendo because I already bought that game and they should just give me the eshop version. Your logic is ridiculously flawed.

and I know people who don't even know what Club Nintendo is. A rather huge number of people don't pay jack all attention to the stuff that comes in the box. Besides, stop trying to justify Nintendo ripping you off by not using an account based system. Seriously, an account based system fixes all these issues.

You aren't getting ripped off. I don't know how you can't wrap your brain around this, but it would be the exact same eshop even with an account based system. You still wouldn't get your Wii VC games on your 3DS. The pricing won't change. The only difference is how you get your data back if something happens to your 3DS.

The odds of your Vita breaking soon enough after buying it that you won't be able to deactivate it and activate the replacement is ridiculously low. This by the way in no way justifies Nintendo double dipping into your wallet.

If it breaks to the point that you can't turn it on, you can't deactivate it no matter how soon after purchase it breaks. Your logic wasn't flawed here, you just didn't bother using any.

Wtf have you been smoking?
It doesn't work like that. CN is purely a rewards program, not an account system.

Actually, registering your 3DS on Club Nintendo is how Nintendo tracks these things. Trust me, my 3DS got lost in the mail after a repair and I got a new 3DS with all of my downloads on it. I was able to get it with my downloads because I registered the 3DS and Nintendo could pull up what my 3DS had on it. WE can't access our accounts but Nintendo sure as hell can.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile