Would you guys buy the next Nintendo handheld if it could download GBA games?

#31EnclavePosted 1/23/2013 10:21:17 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Again, a true account system does not mean that you wouldn't be getting charged over and over again. Having account systems for the Wii, Wii U and 3DS doesn't mean the shops are merged, and it doesn't mean that buying SMB on a Wii gets it on your 3DS as well. You seem convinced that an account system gives you content on multiple systems, but thats just not how it works.

Is how it works on PSN and works on Android, oh and how it works on iOS and likely how it'll work on the new Xbox, it also works this way on the PC and Mac.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. You get exactly what you pay for when you buy a VC title. When you buy SMB on the 3DS eshop, you get SMB on your 3DS. That is all you're paying for. You pay for the game for that system, you get the game for that system. Do you also think you deserve Street Fighter X Tekken for 360 and Vita for buying the PS3 version? When you buy a game for one system, you're only entitled to playing the game on that one system. PSN is very specific about what games work on multiple platforms and which ones don't. 3DS, Wii and Wii U are pretty specific about the fact that you only get the game for one system. You get what you're sold, and aren't entitled to anything more than that. That is how being a consumer works, the company you buy from decides what the product is and how it works, not you. Your job is to decide if the purchase is worth your money. Of course using your logic I should be able to take a picture of my Super Mario Land 2 cartridge and e-mail it to Nintendo because I already bought that game and they should just give me the eshop version. Your logic is ridiculously flawed.

Seems you again just proved that you buy Nintendos BS hook line and sinker, it's people like you why we don't have a proper account based setup on Nintendo systems. They're making too much money off you since you're fine buying the same game over and over again.

You aren't getting ripped off. I don't know how you can't wrap your brain around this, but it would be the exact same eshop even with an account based system. You still wouldn't get your Wii VC games on your 3DS. The pricing won't change. The only difference is how you get your data back if something happens to your 3DS.

No, you're the one not getting the fact that I refuse to repeatedly buy the same 20 year old game over and over again when if I had any other system I'd only have to buy it once.

If it breaks to the point that you can't turn it on, you can't deactivate it no matter how soon after purchase it breaks. Your logic wasn't flawed here, you just didn't bother using any.

Do you not have any Playstation systems? You can activate and deactivate your systems online. You do not need to do so using the system itself.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#32n00bsaib0tPosted 1/24/2013 7:12:03 AM
Is how it works on PSN and works on Android, oh and how it works on iOS and likely how it'll work on the new Xbox, it also works this way on the PC and Mac.

"PC" and "Mac" aren't markets. Some things you buy for PC are only good for one install, like Windows. You have to cheat the system to install windows on multiple computers with the same install key. You're also completely ignoring that you can't install the emulator for Metroid for Wii on a 3DS, and you can't install the emulator for Metroid for 3DS on a Wii. Sony builds the emulator into their OS, its why the compatibility is so terrible and glitchy, and a couple hundred out of the thousands of games are all that works flawlessly. What fixes one game breaks another. Just because they are both Nintendo doesn't mean they will run eachother's software. That's like saying that Mac's should be able to run PC software. They can't they don't function the same way. All Android devices run Android (and even then, all apps don't run on all devices). All iPhones run iOS (and even then not all apps work on all devices). All PCs run Windows, but all programs don't allow multiple installs from one key. The 3DS and Wii do not run the same or even compatible OS's. But f*** facts, I'm a sheep, right?

Seems you again just proved that you buy Nintendos BS hook line and sinker, it's people like you why we don't have a proper account based setup on Nintendo systems. They're making too much money off you since you're fine buying the same game over and over again.

Again, an account based system does not mean eshop merger. It doesn't mean your downloads from one system work on another, especially when they run different operating systems. You're also just as bad as the kids on the SFxTK board. Every time they start crying about how they deserve 12 characters for free and I remind them that they 100% do not they call me a sheep and make jokes about how much money I've given Capcom as if I actually bought any of the DLC for SFxTK. Yeah, I've bought a handful of VC titles. I got LA DX, SML1&2, and Gargoyle's quest, I got Metroid II off of the Club Nintendo rewards program. Yeah, I'm shoveling my money into Nintendo's pockets in the year I've own a 3DS.

No, you're the one not getting the fact that I refuse to repeatedly buy the same 20 year old game over and over again when if I had any other system I'd only have to buy it once.

Really? Because if you buy the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (three 20 year old games) for PS3 you don't get the 360 or PC versions, and the PS3 version doesn't work on PSP or Vita. You don't just get a game for every available console or even consoles its not available for because you're an immature child who refuses to accept that you can't always have things your way.

Do you not have any Playstation systems? You can activate and deactivate your systems online. You do not need to do so using the system itself.

Yeah, I used to own two PSPs and I have a PS3 for account based Sony systems. When go to the Playstation website and sign in I can see what systems I have my account registered on, but I can't delete any of them from the website. When I click to unregister it all I get is instructions on where to go on the system itself. Between my two PSPs, my PS3, my brother's old PS3 and my cousin's old PS3 (and you wonder why Nintendo doesn't allow game sharing when I gave two people my games for free back when you could do 5 systems) I'm tapped out on where my account can go. If I ever get a Vita I have to call Sony and have them remove systems, because I can't deactivate them myself as I don't have access to 4 of the systems, just my own PS3.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#33TeremeiPosted 1/24/2013 9:06:40 AM
I will buy the next nintendo handheld regardless. Their handhelds haven't let me down ever. I still own a gameboy micro and a collection of gameboy advance games. I have no need for virtual console.
---
last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing: FFVII (PSN/PSPgo), various apps
#34NeonYoshi11Posted 1/24/2013 2:30:22 PM
Yes.

I would download it specifically for that reason and the backwards compatibility with 3DS and the New Nintendo Handheld gaming catalog would just be bonus.
#35Plasma EXEPosted 1/24/2013 2:34:35 PM
Not if it was released this year.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#36FishbulbPosted 1/24/2013 3:05:25 PM
Before the end of the 3DS's lifespan, you can bet that GBA games will be available on the eshop.
---
Broadcasting your religious faith in a sig is obnoxious. All who agree copy/paste this sig.
#37Xenesis XenonPosted 1/24/2013 4:41:20 PM
That's not a great draw.

Nintendo are terrible with including specific series in their collections and their online system is woeful. Heck, they still haven't completed a big lot of the N64 library and that's their smallest library of all time.

Coupled with the fact that GBA games are still relatively easy to find and are in good condition.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#38Tigerspike1Posted 1/24/2013 4:51:25 PM
No, I still have my GBA, and use it frequently.
#39Ama84Posted 1/24/2013 8:46:46 PM
Actually, it depends on when you bought it. If you bought Suikoden a year ago or more, sure. If you bought it recently you only get TWO devices. You can put it on your PS3 and PSP, but not your Vita and not the PS4 should it support it... not unless you deactivate it from one of your devices.

The limit is 2 consoles and 2 handhelds. Assuming he has a PS3, a PS4, a Vita and a PSP, he'd be fine for nearly a decade. Unless he decides he wants more systems, of course.

Also, if you really hate calling customer support, you could deactivate all your systems at once and cherry pick which ones you reactivate.

manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/account/systemactivation.html