Don't wrap your cords around the thing attached to it...

#11DogscratchPosted 1/23/2013 4:20:42 PM
While a bit different, I am with an earlier post with wrapping cords back how they came. With the higher end GPS equipment my field crews use, we found mysterious errors began popping up when we crunched data with one crew. Other crew had no issues - researching the issue we found that the cable used to connect receiver to antenna that was giving errors was being wound too tightly. The non issue crew wound their cables back as they were packaged initially. We got a replacement cable, had them wind it back up as it arrived, sure enough it has been two years and no further issues.

Now granted this cable costs more than my beater car - it still showed issues due to wire memory and brittleness caused by improper winding.

Same applies to just about anything else that can be twisted, headphones, controllers, charge cables, etc... Am with earlier posts 100% on this :-)
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#12nazacuckooPosted 1/23/2013 4:25:15 PM
When I saw the topic title, I thought this topic would be about something dirty.

I am dissapoint :(
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#13pbandjamesPosted 1/23/2013 4:31:16 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
MajinKogahazan posted...
TheGamingGolfer posted...
Thank you for posting this to a handheld that does not require wires.

Charger

It's a garbage charger if it breaks from that. Aside from that, I've done it quite often with earlier handhelds and nothing ever happened. My DS charger only broke because one of my dogs chewed through the cable.

Not really. Often, people wrap the last part tightly, some so tightly that the cord going into the actual base is quite strained. I've seen chargers with just the cord near the base exposed from this. They still work, but it's not a good thing all the same.
---
Game news is the best news.
#14JimmyMimpsonPosted 1/23/2013 4:31:36 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
i've done this with countless controllers and not one of them's broke as a result.

This. Theonly thing this has ever broken for me are cheap earphones.
---
"Thank God Bramble Blast is such an epic track or else I would be beating my kielbasa against a waffle iron by this point."-ResidentEvilKoala