What percent of your RPG's do you finish?

#11KneekickerPosted 1/23/2013 10:36:11 PM
Magikoopa21 posted...
Am I the only one who has trouble finishing RPGs?

I really do enjoy them but some of them are just way too long. I feel like 20-40 hours is acceptable, but more than that is just excessive unless it's an awesome game. I probably only complete about 10-20% of my RPGs because I can't find the time to play them, and they're not easy to just pick up and play whenever either. Sometimes I buy an RPG and can't even get into it because I know I still have about 100 hours ahead of me. Do you wish they were shorter?

I'm one of those gamers that try to achieve a "perfect" save file on all my RPGs so because of that RPGs tend to last me from 270 hours (Persona 3 FES) all the way to 7 years (San Goku Shi Eiketsuden) for me.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 PSN: ansonip2000
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#12aamotPosted 1/23/2013 10:42:17 PM
I finish all of them, unless I get too bored (Black Sigil, Golden Sun 3, Infinite Space). I'll try to get as close to 100% completion as I can on my own while still enjoying it, which usually lands me at around 85% of in-game completion. Like side-quests and stuff.

I do miss some stuff, though. Looking up solutions or hidden things is a slippery slope, and I'd rather just explore and possibly miss things on my own account. Besides, you only really know that you're missing things when you stop and look up what you're missing.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#13Buttery_ToastPosted 1/23/2013 10:44:18 PM
Man, the percentage of RPGs I own vs. what I've beaten is probably in the 15% range.

Doesn't help that I have Gamer ADD.
---
My body is always Reggie.
Currently playing: P3P, Corpse Party
#14melchiahdimPosted 1/23/2013 11:09:02 PM
Pretty low nowadays due to working full time and having kids. I used to finish every RPG I bought, but its too difficult to find time now. The last ones I beat were Tales of the Abyss and Final Fantasy XIII. That's why I prefer to have my RPGs on handhelds, it's a lot easier to find time to best it if its on my 3DS
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
#15ScutchingtonPosted 1/23/2013 11:15:25 PM
I beat all of them, TWEWY is on my backlog atm, finished up Persona 4 Golden recently and I'm currently playing Ni No Kuni.

Only RPG I stopped playing was FFXIII, I couldn't stand playing that game much longer. I had to stop. Sazh was cool though.
---
Ritsu Tainaka is mai waifu. http://i45.tinypic.com/wi28gw.jpg http://tinyurl.com/8zgmv2k "Gamecenter CX! Kacho... on!" -Arino Shinya
#16TinyTim123Posted 1/23/2013 11:42:00 PM
Interesting question... If I actually START them, then I almost always play all the way through to the bitter end. The only exception that comes to mind, if it's even considered RPG, would be Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, mainly because I just hated that game.
On the otehr hand, I have bought countless RPGs on systems from PS, PS2, XBox, XBix360, PSP, DS that I have never even got around to starting. I've given almost all of those away to those less fortunate than by now, too.
Everything on NES, SNES, TurboGrafX16 and Genesis I finished, but back then, I was a kid with no money, so games were harder to come by.
Of course, the fact that when ever I start a game I try to complete as much of it as I plan means I develop a backlog when releases come out fairly steadily. I remember playing Gran Turismo 2 for something like four months straight unlocking absolutely everything that could be unlocked before moving on to other games, and going to school full time, and working full time, and living an hour from both school and work, and trying to maintain an active social life on top of all that. So yeah, I may not even have to opportunity to start a game.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#17tw1g_007Posted 1/23/2013 11:45:49 PM
I beat almost all of them but a lot of them I don't 100%.
---
MH will have to wait and why do most GameFAQ'ers in the 3DS board have sex with their 3DS?
#18FlyinTonitePosted 1/24/2013 12:10:03 AM
It depends, I like rpgs, but most of the ones I play need to catch my interest quick. I usually give a game 5 hours before I decide to invest time into it to actually finish it. If I do decide I wanna finish it, it becomes the only game I play for 2-3 weeks because I know as soon as I switch to another game I won't be picking up and finishing it at a later time.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#19Ulyaoth74Posted 1/24/2013 12:10:23 AM
I try to beat them all, but I never get turn based RPGs those are just terrible games. Right now I'm playing Last Story and Xenoblade. Those are fun games but the British accent can be very annoying at times. Last Story seems to have weird and awkward combat but the characters, dialog and story are so engaging. I still need to beat TWEWY and... wait a sec, I have trouble finishing RPGs as well. >.<
---
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
#20NeonYoshi11Posted 1/24/2013 12:16:39 AM
Depends on the game.

I had no problem sinking 71 hours into Dragon Quest 9...and that was just the main story.

I Love that game so to me it was easy to grind or wander and do nothing within the game because I like it so much.

Other games might have a few elements that make you want to continue playing, but also a few that make you want to finish it ASAP...which is never good in then end.

* If Dragon Quest 7 comes to US via the 3DS then I could see myself playing that for 100+ hours. I've heard it's a really long game and I'm hooked on DQ now, but I won't know until I play it. I might make it 5 hours and quit ...who knows.

I just started playing pokemon again for the first time since the 90's and I got to Golden Rod city, about 9 hours in and I haven't played it in about a week. ( SoulSilver ) .......I like the game, but no where near as much as I do DQ 9. or even FFTA2.

Usually the games that give you tasks that taks 15 minutes here... 10 minutes there....and a bunch of them keep me going. It's sometimes annoying to have to do 45 + minute quests.