Its been one year since the Circle Pad Pro has been released...

#1xXMrWolfXxPosted 1/24/2013 2:26:30 AM
Do you think this accessory was even needed? In the beginning of it's announcement I thought it was a complete waste of ****ing time and money to make since the 3DS doesn't need an extra stick and triggers. The touch screen does that for you. I feel like some games on the 3DS aren't taking advantage of the touch screen. All I'm saying MGS:3D didn't even need an extra stick, just touch screen aim/camera movement. The same goes for Resident Evil and I played both of those games. The CPP shouldn't be the only way to play a 3DS game. No wonder Nintendo didn't go with adding a control stick and extra triggers on the 3DS XL. Not only that but do any recent new 3DS games take advantage of the peripheral? NOPE
---
3DS FC:4425-1580-1611
#2MATADOR480Posted 1/24/2013 3:01:50 AM
I love it for MGS and Kingdom Hearts and RE:R. If I was able to use it for moving and aiming on Kid Icarus's on foot sections then I may be able to play that game for longer than 15 minutes before my hands become deformed. I think its a good little add-on. Necessary, no. But works great for games that allow it.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#3AppleJockRidaPosted 1/24/2013 3:27:46 AM
Why cant Nintendo just release an eshop update for kid icarus allowing people who own a circle pad to have the option of playing it like it should be played: dual stick shooter/action game?
#4Fr33zPosted 1/24/2013 3:46:01 AM
The CPP XL will probably come stateside with the release of MH3U. Considering the original CPP got bundled with that game in Japan it wouldn't be impossible for it to be promoted alongside the game.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS
#5xXMrWolfXx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 5:46:07 PM
AppleJockRida posted...
Why cant Nintendo just release an eshop update for kid icarus allowing people who own a circle pad to have the option of playing it like it should be played: dual stick shooter/action game?

if you really want that to happen, why not start a petition or something so Nintendo takes notice of this? Mario Kart 7's glitch got patched because of a lot of complaints so I don't think there would be a problem with KIU getting the same treatment. I personally think that Touchscreen players have an advantage over those who use duel handed controls. I'm not any good with control stick aim but I guess when games have this control scheme its newbie friendly to those who dislike drastic changes in control. At least its not forcing on you to play one way. I played KIU in duel mode and it wasn't that bad when you got used to ABXY to move. Most of you who probably tried this mode probably didn't realized you can run by pressing the direction twice.
---
#690sRetroGamingPosted 1/24/2013 5:49:53 PM
AppleJockRida posted...

---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#7IHeartMetroidPosted 1/24/2013 6:00:51 PM
I would have enjoyed CPP-less MGS3 a lot more if you could adjust the controls. I despise having actions assigned to the DPad.
#8xXMrWolfXx(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:14:37 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
I would have enjoyed CPP-less MGS3 a lot more if you could adjust the controls. I despise having actions assigned to the DPad.

I hated that too...
But I would have played MGS3 like an arena shooter if the game had an option to use the touch screen. I would kill bosses faster since head shots would be easier for me to pull off, like for example "The End" or even "The Fear." It would have made the game at least more addicting to me but even without the scheme I re visit the game from time to time.
---
#9levelmaster2Posted 1/24/2013 6:21:09 PM
I never even heard of it.
---
"Really? Are you sure he doesn't normally speak in pirate?"
#10deimos91Posted 1/24/2013 7:52:58 PM
MATADOR480 posted...
I love it for MGS and Kingdom Hearts and RE:R. If I was able to use it for moving and aiming on Kid Icarus's on foot sections then I may be able to play that game for longer than 15 minutes before my hands become deformed. I think its a good little add-on. Necessary, no. But works great for games that allow it.

use ABXY to aim no issues or arm hurting
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951