Guy at Gamestop tried

#1EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 1/24/2013 11:27:33 AM
I went to Gamestop today to trade in some things to put towards my 3DS XL. As I was doing it, he mentioned the Fire Emblem Bundle and I said the 3DS in there isnt a XL is it? He said yes it is an XL. I knew he was lying or wrong so I just proceeded to just get the Blue XL. Glad I did my research.

On another note, when I get my 3Ds together Ill be looking for friends to add so leave your friend codes. :-)
---
(NNID/PSN): EnVy_CaLiBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls, Trine 2
#2Galaxy_NovaPosted 1/24/2013 11:37:08 AM
Why would you ask a question you already knew the answer to? I don't like when people do that.
---
Refreshing Like A Spring Breeze.
#3CAPSARPosted 1/24/2013 11:40:32 AM
I think it was more of a rhetorical question.
#4littlecletusPosted 1/24/2013 11:42:51 AM
I just picked up an XL.
I soooo would have got the Fire Emblem version if it was an XL. Kind of annoyed it is not.
---
Are you a bug, Bill Murray?
#5DahlVaughnniPosted 1/24/2013 11:47:28 AM
Galaxy_Nova posted...
Why would you ask a question you already knew the answer to? I don't like when people do that.

That was the point. He went into the store with a specific purchase in mind and those greedy bastards tried to change his mind. It's irritating. They did the same thing to me when I tried to buy Guild Wars in 2005. "You should really reconsider and get world of warcraft. It's a much better game" "Oh, does it look feel and play exactly like Guild Wars?" "No" "Cool, then I'll be buying Guild Wars thanks"
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#6EnVy_CaLiBeR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:49:57 AM
Yeah it was a rhetorical question. He probably didnt know.
---
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls, Trine 2
#7Galaxy_NovaPosted 1/24/2013 11:50:22 AM
The XL is not all that great beacause the color of the pixels greater size, plastic feel and lower audio.

if at least an upscaling of the resolution was expected. Just like the macbook pro retina does it. 13" rMBP lot of pixels. 15"rMBP even more pixels than the 13"rMBP because it was upscaled. Exactly what nintendo had been expected to do.But decided not to.

But heck we should be getting the N3DS 3rd gen this here if Nintendo is still following the apple yearly realese cycle. And this time, with the upscaling Lol.
---
Refreshing Like A Spring Breeze.
#8GlobalCoolingPosted 1/24/2013 11:50:41 AM
DahlVaughnni posted...
Galaxy_Nova posted...

That was the point. He went into the store with a specific purchase in mind and those greedy bastards tried to change his mind. It's irritating. They did the same thing to me when I tried to buy Guild Wars in 2005. "You should really reconsider and get world of warcraft. It's a much better game" "Oh, does it look feel and play exactly like Guild Wars?" "No" "Cool, then I'll be buying Guild Wars thanks"

Lol is this real life?....

So much bitterness towards Gamestop...bringing up stories from 2005....you cannot be serious right now.
#9SakurafanboyPosted 1/24/2013 11:52:10 AM
GameStop in this case isn't wrong. So he tried to show something the TC might've liked. No need to be an ass about him being wrong. All the employee would know is its a FE + 3DS bundle, how would he know if the system is XL or not if there's nothing stating either way? He's just a 9-5 employee like everyone else, he doesn't get super secret inside information. So to attack him for being wrong is beyond rude.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#10EnVy_CaLiBeR(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:58:19 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
GameStop in this case isn't wrong. So he tried to show something the TC might've liked. No need to be an ass about him being wrong. All the employee would know is its a FE + 3DS bundle, how would he know if the system is XL or not if there's nothing stating either way? He's just a 9-5 employee like everyone else, he doesn't get super secret inside information. So to attack him for being wrong is beyond rude.

The thing is he looked it up in the system and still proceeded to tell me it was a XL. Thats what I found funny about the situation. Im not mad though. Just glad I did my research prior.
---